Thursday, October 13, 2011

Tyler Fair - Part Two

It was getting close to lunch time and your tummy really does start grumbling after smelling all of the yummy fair food as you walk around. Beck, Kinsey and I ate pizza and Brent got a hamburger and we all loved our food. I also got a home-made root beer float from the oldest root beer stand made in 1945! And let me tell you that Brent and I loved it! We both agreed that the float was the best tasting root beer float we had ever had! Re-fills were only $1 and we took full advantage of that price and got three re-fills! I wish I had one now! I spoke with the owner and he said they just came from MN and will be here until December then they will head to Arizona for the winter. I hope he sets up his root beer stand at the Yamboree!
tyler fair9

tyler fair10

We headed over to the ag arena to see the beautifully groomed cows and saw something that I've never seen before...a boy fell asleep with his cow!
tyler fair11

Poor Kinsey was stuck in the stroller again. I can't wait until she's big enough to ride the kiddie rides!
tyler fair12

The young man running the only thing Beck wanted to ride almost got yelled at by me and Brent! He made us so mad! First of all, there were only two kids on the train when we walked up and he would not let Beck ride the train which I couldn't understand because you would think they would want to fill up the ride as much as possible before running it. Then he did the unspeakable...he told us that Beck had to get off, walk out of the gate and back in the gate to ride it again. I could understand making Beck do that if there was a line of kids waiting to ride the train but there was nobody in line!!! I just walked off. Beck cried so hard when Brent made him get off the ride and I couldn't believe the young man didn't say, "nobody is in line so it's no big deal." To the young man running the train ride, I hope you feel good about yourself for making a three-year old cry for nothing!
tyler fair13

The fair had so many cute rides for kids...a dragon roller coaster, Bob the Builder dump trucks and they even had a log ride! I've never seen a water ride at a fair. Beck passed all of that up and then he saw mommy's dream ride...bumper cars!!! I was so excited! I told him that we would go fast and he informed me that we needed to go slow...really! We went fast and he loved it!
tyler fair14

tyler fair15

It warmed up as soon as we got there and the rides were so expensive! It cost five coupons to ride the disco ride that goes in a circle and the coupons cost $1.25 each. We got really lucky when we went to the Longview fair and only used one coupon per ride! After the bumper car ride and Beck riding the train twice, we were out of tickets and out of money so we decided to leave. On the way home, both kids were being funny...Kinsey put her jacket on her head and Beck wanted me to take a picture of him and his gummy worms that we got at the gas station.
tyler fair16

tyler fair17

All in all, we had a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment