Saturday, October 8, 2011

Halloween Costumes

My favorite re-sale store near my Plano home called Once Upon a Child sent a mass email letting all of their customers know that they will begin selling Halloween costumes on September 9th so I forwarded the email to Jill in case she wanted to go. I was so bummed that I was going to miss this big sale because they have the best selection and the price is awesome! My super sweet sister-in-law, Jill, contacted me the morning of the sale letting me know she was there and that she would text pictures to me for Beck and Kinsey's costumes. How awesome is that?!? She sent a picture of a Spiderman costume and a Transformer Optimus Prime costume and I knew which one Beck would pick. After showing him the picture, without hesitation he said he wanted Optimus Prime. She sent several pictures of costumes for Kinsey but I wasn't excited about them until I talked to her. I asked her to look in the 24-month section and she named off a few and then she said Raggedy Ann and without hesitation, I knew that was the costume I wanted without seeing it! The Raggedy Ann costume cost $6.50 and the Optimus Prime costume was only $4.50. What a deal!!! I'm telling you that this place is the best option because the costumes are practically brand new. Kiki had a painting class in Dallas the week of September 12th and she spent the night with Jeff and Jill while she was there and was able to bring the costumes back to us.
costume1

We asked Pops and Kiki if they could baby-sit the kids on Saturday (9/17) so we could go out on a much needed date. We talked about seeing a movie but it's hard to have a conversation during a movie and it's hard for us to have an adult conversation with two kids wanting all of our attention so I suggested that we go to the putt-putt glow-in-the-dark golf place in the Longview Mall. The place was way too dark to get pictures but I can tell you that we had an absolute blast and we learned a few things about each other. We both had a lot of fun and can't wait to have another adventurous date!

Kiki was watching the kids play on the swing set when we came home from our date and it looked like they were having a blast.
date

date2

Beck is afraid of Willow so Kiki puts her in her cage.
date1

Beck got so sweaty that his hair was soaking wet!
date3

We put the costumes on the kids and it was worth every penny!!! Beck loves his costume so much that he wanted to sleep in it. We warned him that he would get hot but he didn't care because he loves his Optimus Prime costume.
costume3

costume4

I also found the Transformers Bumble Bee costume at Wal-Mart for $10 so we got that one too since we really didn't spend that much on his costume. And, yes, he has worn this costume during nap time and outside. The day we bought this costumer, he wanted to scare Daddy when he got home. As soon as Daddy started walking to the door, Beck was ready for him and gave him a scary growl when he walked in the house! It was so cute and funny! His costume might not last until Halloween...oh-no!
bumble bee

bumble bee1

Now, I just need some shiny black shoes for Kinsey's costume and we will be ready to go Trick or Treating!!!

costume

costume2

costume5


I love, love, love dressing up and I hope the kids enjoy Halloween as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment