Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Tickets, Dinner and Pets

10.10

Tickets for the Yamboree Queen's pageant goes on sale Monday, October 10 at 8am which means I need to get up there early because I want a good seat. My baby-sitter's house (Kiki and Pops) is infected with the nasty stomach virus that's going around so I had to resort to Plan B. I picked up Wendy from her home Sunday evening so that she could be here while the kids slept and I stood in line for tickets. I have not attended this pageant since I graduated high school so I was super excited to finally get to see it again which is why I wanted a really good seat. This is the interesting part of the story...Brent called me at 6:20 letting me know that about 20 people were already sitting in lawn chairs at the Civic Center. So, I threw on some clothes/make-up/hat and grabbed some magazines, oj, breakfast bar and a lawn chair. There were two clipboards leaned up against the door...one was for Wednesday night and one was for Thursday night. I was the 20th person on the list for Wednesday night and noticed my high school friend Karen (her daughter was Yam Queen last year) was the 7th person on the list. I chatted with a couple of mom's as I looked through my magazine and watched the sun rise. It started getting "busy" as it got closer to 8am. I found out that Karen went up there at 11:30pm, signed her name then went home and slept. The other older people sitting in lawn chairs had been up there all night! How crazy is that!?! If I get to go next year, I'm doing what Karen did...sign my name on the list before I go to sleep then show up at 8am. I ended up leaving the Civic Center at 8:40am with three of the best seats in the house (smile). (Surprisingly, I did not take any pictures.)

I can buy so much more food when Wendy is with me so we went to the grocery store and stocked up on groceries. Then, we went to Longview after the kids woke up from their afternoon nap. (This was Brent's night to meet the school board.) Since Beck has grown out of last year's winter clothes, I wanted to see if I could find some really good deals. The fun part about shopping with Beck these days is that he tells me what he likes...this is a good thing and a bad thing. BTW, he has worn his rain boots every day since I bought them! He LOVES them! He found a jacket that he liked so we tried it on and he wanted me to teach him how to zip it up...we are still working on sticking the long piece in the hole and keeping it there while pulling up the zipper. We also got him a couple of pants and a couple of shirts for the upcoming cold days.
pet store13

We ate dinner at Luby's which was some what stressful. This time, I put Kinsey in the high chair when we walked in so I'm pushing her and two trays. Beck is telling me what he doesn't want and Wendy is trying to order the most expensive meal they have to offer AND the lady behind the counter has no patience for what's going on and wants to know what sides I want on all of the plates I have ordered! Oh my goodness!!! Beck dropped his drink on the floor before we got to our table. The water in the restroom only has one temperature which was HOT so it was almost impossible to wash the kids hands. I might not go back to Luby's for a while.

The pet store I love is located right behind Luby's so we walked over there to visit the animals. We have a great experience every time we go there!
pet store14

pet store15

This snake was actually biting the top of the cage. I guess he wanted out!
pet store16

Wendy opened the cat's cage and held one in her arms.
pet store17

The birds are so pretty and colorful!
pet store18

pet store20

We all had so much fun at the pet store! Great way to end the day!

pet store19

No comments:

Post a Comment