Sunday, October 2, 2011

Casa Ole and a Big Fire

Next time, I'm going to pack a lunch for us so we can stay at the zoo a little longer. We all got hungry so we ate lunch at Casa Ole...yummy! On the way there, Beck was whining acting like he had a cactus needle in his hand. I couldn't see anything while we were in the truck but could once we stopped and I was able to open the door and get sunlight on it. He still had one left in his hand. Poor thing! I think he learned a big lesson about not touching a cactus! Beck built a tower with the things he found on the table.
case ole and fire

This is his mean look...
case ole and fire1

Brent lived off of Kinsey Drive when he and I started dating so Kinsey this is for you! Kinsey is also a family name so there are two examples of how your name came about.
case ole and fire2

Of course the kids fell asleep as soon as we hit the road so Brent and I took our time getting home. I got on my phone to check Facebook and found out there was a fire off FM1650 and the road that takes you to Diana (726 maybe?) so we went there to check it out. I grew up on FM1650 and it sure would be sad to see my childhood house in flames. The fire was so bad the police blocked off FM1650 at the house Leigh grew up in so we turned left going towards Diana. It was so sad to see so many trees burned up.
case ole and fire3

case ole and fire4

case ole and fire5

case ole and fire6

If you look closely, you can still see the fire on the right side of this picture behind the trees...

case ole and fire7

No comments:

Post a Comment