Sunday, October 16, 2011

First Monday Trade Days

We spent the night with Kiki and Pops Thursday night because both Brent and I needed to leave early Friday morning. Every year my friend, Natalie, invites several girls to shop with her in Canton and every year I've never been able to go because of work. This will be my first time to go to First Monday in over 20 years and I was so super excited! I had heard that this was THE weekend to go. I'm assuming it's the best weekend because people are buying Christmas gifts, Halloween and Christmas decorations. The plan was for me to meet the girls in Canton at 9am since that's when it opens. However, Natalie and the girls did not get there until 10am so she told me to go in and start shopping. I had no idea where to go so I followed some other ladies and later found out that I was in the antique section. After shopping for several hours by myself, I finally realized that cell phones didn't really work so we didn't get in touch with each other until 1:30! At first I was bummed but after I met up with them, I realized that I'm a fast shopper and I saw so much more than they did.
canton3

Here's a little description about First Monday which has been around for 150 years...

The world's largest outdoor trade days takes place Thursday through Sunday before the first Monday of every month in Canton. Every month, thousands of vendors from across the country turn this friendly East Texas community into a shopper's paradise where you can find rare antiques and collectibles, furniture, fine home decor, arts and crafts, clothing, jewelry, tools, produce and much more.
canton12

First Monday has grown so much since I was last here and I had already shopped around for things I wanted to look for and knew how much I wanted to pay for what I was looking for...mainly tutu's! There were many tutu's there but none as cheap as the cute little boutique in Gladewater.
canton14

Before I met up with Natalie, Megan and Amanda, I discovered a store that I love in Longview called Dressin' Gaudy so I went in to check out what they had to offer. I found a set of bracelet's that I really liked so I laid my phone down to try them on. (I had my phone in my hand waiting for Natalie to reach me.) I walked around the store with the bracelets on debating on getting them. I saw the long line to check out and thought that was a sign to not get them but I really wanted them so I just keep looking around the store. I finally decided to purchase them and got in line to see a lady handing the employee at the cash register MY PHONE!!! I was so lucky that the lady was honest and turned in a missing phone, I was lucky to get in line at that very moment because it's kind of hard to meet up with your friends when you don't have a phone! Wow!
canton7

I found another store that I fell in love with but their items were a bit pricey called Simplicity. Classy decorations...
canton9

canton8

I also fell in love with this for Kinsey...
canton4

Now this is a unique mirror!!!
canton5

canton6

More Halloween decorations...
canton10

Strange but unique...
canton13

Cute but not the kind of teeter totter I want for my kids because when one person gets off the other person falls to the ground! I have recently found teeter totters that are on a spring! You'll see pictures of that later on.
canton15

I had to leave the girls at 4pm so that Wes and Kath could go to Dallas and I found out that Natalie didn't get home until 9pm!!! Wow, she really did shop til she dropped while preggers! A big thanks to Kiki and Pops for watching the kids! I had a good time going to First Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment