Thursday, October 27, 2011

My Aunt and a New Trail/Park

10.11

It took two months for us to schedule time to meet my Aunt Vickie and she wanted to show us the trail that she likes in Longview. She came to Gilmer so she could ride with us and show us how to get to this trial. I fell in love with it once we started walking on it because the trail is wide enough for my double wide stroller plus a biker can pass by us AND the scenery is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! It is surrounded by trees so you are not in the sun the entire time which is totally different that what I just came from. The trail by our house in Plano was wide open, in direct sun the entire time with power lines above you that you could hear buzzing.
Trail

Trail13

Trail14

After walking on the trail for one mile, we arrived at the Lois Jackson park and I fell in love with it. It is also somewhat shaded by trees and there's plenty there to keep the kids entertained. Off to the side of the park is an old racquet ball building and the door to get in is very low. Like it was meant for kids only but it's big enough for adults to play in. I wish I knew the history of it. I also like the painting on the side of the racquet ball building. It was fun watching my Aunt Vickie play with the kids. She chased them and helped them get around. When we loaded up the kids in the stroller, she told me that's the most fun she's had in a long time.
Trail1

Trail2

Trail3

Trail4

Trail5

Trail6

Trail7

Trail8

Trail9

Trail10

Trail11

Trail12

I can't wait to go back to this park!

No comments:

Post a Comment