Friday, September 16, 2011

Storytelling at the Library

We went to the library Thursday morning (August 13) and both kids did great! I was so impressed that Beck actually sat and listened to the librarian read two books then he really enjoyed the craft they made afterwards. Kenzi announced to everybody that she wanted to sit next to Beck! Now that brought a smile to my face. My little Kinsey roams around as I help Beck put together whatever they have ready for the kids to make and this time it was a rooster mask (very cute!).
IMG_1126

We've been going every week and it's been fun watching Beck learn the drill. So far he's made an apple, a car, an otter and a hippo. I just discovered that we will be making a dinosaurs next week and I know Beck will love it since we just checked out as many books about dinosaurs that we could find! I love that he helps me pick out the books and the past couple of weeks, he's held onto one book that he especially loves and wants to check it out on his own. The librarian asked him his name but he didn't tell her. However, he did tell her that he is three years old. She held onto to the books until I could get there and then told me what he had done. It makes me so happy that Beck enjoys the whole library experience and reading!

library

No comments:

Post a Comment