Thursday, September 8, 2011

Baby Lock Them Doors...

I have been waiting for this day for a very, very long time!!! I have been an American Idol fan since it started back in 2002. The show was created by Simon Fuller (he's also known as the very honest but sometimes rude judge) and the other two judges are Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson. I got very tired of hearing Paula ramble on and on and not really critiquing the contestants so I boycotted the show last season. Simon left the show and the only returning judge this season was Randy Jackson. The show went out on a limb and hired Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez and I love both entertainers so I decided to jump back on the band wagon! I am so glad I did because the show was INCREDIBLE this year! The judges were awesome and the contestants were all so talented that I couldn't wait to watch the show each week! My dear, sweet mother-in-law said she wanted all of us girls to go to the American Idol concert and I. could. not. wait! On Wednesday, July 20, I was able to talk Brent into coming home early (no biggie since he was leaving his job anyway) so I could get ready and go to the concert with Kathleen and Katherine. Jill wasn't sure what time she would get off work so she met us at the Verizon Theatre. Unfortunately, Noah got sick the day before the concert so Jennifer went back to McAllen. I knew what I would wear to the concert as soon as the tickets were bought...my fancy True Religion jeans and a sparkly top (I love glitz!)!

AI


We actually ran into my former la Madeleine co-worker, Tina and her daughter, and she took this picture of us before the concert as we were waiting for Jill to arrive.
AI1


The first half of the concert was much more upbeat than the second half. I certainly danced and shook what my mama gave me as much as I could. I think the winner, Scotty McCreery, will be successful in the country genre and I predict the runner-up, Lauren Alaina, will be successful in the country genre too but I feel like she needs a couple of years to mature then she'll be just as good as a former American Idol winner, Carrie Underwood.
AI2

AI3

AI4

AI5

I can't wait to see next season!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment