Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Kinsey's First Birthday!!!

On Friday, July 15th, Neena and Aunt Wendy came to our house to help us get ready for Kinsey's first birthday party. Then, Kiki brought my sweet little Beck home and I was so excited to see him! Even though he was only gone for a week, it seems like he has grown up so much. I guess his older cousins taught him to be more mature.
We planned this party before Brent got the job offer in Tyler which meant there would be no packing this weekend. And, the weather took a turn for the worst and stayed in the 100+ degrees for many, many days. I hope everybody brings their swimsuits so they can stay cool in the pool.
Beck loves to help cut up fruit and he always uses his knife which is a butter knife. He worked so hard on cutting up the pineapple with his very dull knife but I told him he was doing a great job because it makes him feel good the help mommy and daddy.

Kinsey bday


I made a sign for the front door letting our guests know that they could come in and head straight to the pool. I also created a path from the front door to the back door with beach towels. Plus, I thought this would help catch water when the kids ran from the pool inside the house. I also made a growth poster to show how much Kinsey changed from one month to twelve months.
Kinsey bday 13
We had pizza for lunch with fruit, ice cream and a beach style cake. Kinsey had fun in the water and ate just about everything Neena fed her. I think all had fun in the sun! Beck was a little sad that this party was not for him but luckily, Neena gave him a gift sack to open while I opened Kinsey's gifts and that made him very happy!
Kinsey bday1
Kinsey bday 14
Kinsey bday2
Kinsey bday 15
Kinsey bday 16
Kinsey bday3
Kinsey bday 17
Kinsey bday4
Jeff showed us how to dive in the pool and made a big splash. I missed it the first time so he had to do it again so I could capture it! (I've done that before, just ask my friend Natalie!)
Kinsey bday 18
Kinsey and I love all of the clothes she got for her birthday and especially loves the princess chair and the dressy purse!
Kinsey bday 19
We want to thank all that came for her special birthday especially those that traveled far! We made our big announcement to extended family members that we are moving in a couple of weeks. Change is hard but it'll be good for us.

Kinsey bday5

No comments:

Post a Comment