Sunday, September 18, 2011

Food

We picked up Aunt Wendy on Thursday, August 11 so that she could spend a few days with us. Plus, I love the extra set of hands so I can get things done and enjoy long, hot showers! And, Brent went to our house in Plano Friday after work and I'd much rather have company than be here alone. Gilmer Cable hooked us up on Friday morning and I was SOOOO excited!!! After the kids woke up from their nap, Wendy and I ate dinner at Pappacita's then went to the pet store in Longview. Wet Pets and Critters is like a petting zoo because you can practically hold/touch almost every animal...it was awesome and the kids loved it!!! I can't wait to take Brent so he can see how much fun it is thru Beck and Kinsey's eyes.
wendy and cupcakes

I've always been a big fan of cupcakes because they are the perfect little dessert and they are even better when they are moist and have great icing. I fell in love with the cupcakes served at Christina's baby shower and Natalie tried so hard to get them for my baby shower but the girl that made them was going to be out of town the weekend of my shower for Kinsey...boo! Anyway, since then, I like to visit cupcake stores in hopes of finding the best tasting cupcake. I heard about one via Facebook located in Longview called Bake Cupcakes. I got there when they opened and they weren't quite set up yet but I picked up a list of options that are offered each day. Unfortunately, I did not get a picture of the cupcakes I purchased but they were pretty tasty. Beck was so proud of the box of cupcakes that he wanted to hold them so I let him hold the box all the way home. I thought he kept the box upright the whole time but I think he tilted the box when we came in the house and that's when I saw the cupcakes were one big mess! Oh well, we still enjoyed them. I got lemon, orange dreamsicle and Grandma's Birthday (classic yellow butter cake with a Madagascar vanilla bean butter cream).

Then, I tried another place that I pass every time I go to Longview called la cabane de dessert and they not only offer cupcakes but bread, croissants and other vienn type items as well. (I couldn't find a website for this place but they are on Facebook.) Their cupcakes cost a little bit more than Bake Cupcakes and the icing did not cover the entire surface which was disappointing to me. The peach cobbler cupcake was oh-so-yummy but I'm not sure I'll go back. I especially loved the cupcake with the edible pearls on top of the icing!
wendy and cupcakes2

On August 22, I had to go to the doctor so I made the best of this trip and also got my hair cut and colored. After my doctor visit, I stopped by the mall to pick up a couple of things and saw this new place called, Sugar Queen Cupcakes so I stopped in to check out what they had to offer. The cupcakes looked too yummy to pass up so I bought five and got one free...what a deal! I got red velvet, cheesecake and chocolate...all tasted delicious but the chocolate cupcake was my absolute favorite! Plus, the price was the best of all three places! Looks like my search continues since this place is too far away but a good place to visit if you are in the Plano area.

cupcake

No comments:

Post a Comment