Monday, September 12, 2011

First Day!

August 1 was a big day for all of us...Brent's first day at his new job, Neena closed on her house in Henderson and this was our first night at Nanny's house. Brent and I got up at 5:45am on this Monday morning so I could drive him to work since he is getting a company truck. We drove 50 miles in one hour so he has quite the commute but in Dallas he would be on the road for at least two hours for a 50 mile commute! I took his picture like it was his first day of school and he was not happy about it (smile).
first day

first day1

After I dropped him off, I went to Wal-Mart in Longview to stock up on food then I unloaded everything at Nanny's house and got busy! Her house was sprayed for bugs before we arrived so I needed to vacuum up all of the dead insects then clean tubs and toilets. I finally stopped at almost 2pm to eat lunch then I took a much needed long, hot shower. I went to Kiki's house to pick up the kids and they were still snoozing away.

This is our temporary home...I love that the back yard is covered with trees! There's so much room for the kids to run and play plus lots of shade. Beck only had one melt down wanting to go back to his home. I've been telling him that we are only staying here for a little while then Daddy is going to build us a home (not sure if that's what we'll actually do but at least Beck is prepared for our next move). Beck's bedroom is right across from ours and he's excited to sleep in a big bed so we'll see how he does with this transition. Actually, I can go ahead and give you an update since I'm well over a month behind on blogging. The first week or two, he would wake up lost and scared...we would hear him crying in the sun room and I would put him back in his bed and just sleep with him since Brent leaves so early in the morning. He finally adjusted to his new living quarters and now he comes to my side of the bed anywhere between 1am to 4am telling me he needs to potty. I'm so happy that he does not have accidents in bed but 1am or 2am potty time sure is hard especially for the nights I stay up late blogging.
nanny house

first day2

first day4

There's a creek in the back side of Nanny's lot but because of the dreadful drought, it is dried up! Sometimes we take a nature hike to try and find animals...we mostly see birds, squirrels and lots of locust! Our neighbor has a dog and Kinsey gets so excited when she hears it barking.
first day3

I think our second or third week here, Beck was on the couch eating pudding and Kinsey and I walked to the mailbox and I heard what sounded like a tree falling. As soon as I turned to look in the back yard, I saw a HUGE tree branch fall from one of the tallest trees in Nanny's back yard! I ran back in the house to make sure it didn't scare Beck and as soon as I walked in he said, "Mommy a tree fell." He saw it fall too. As I looked out of the window, I could see that it fell right next to Nanny's shed so I grabbed the camera and we went to investigate. This branch did some MAJOR damage to the shed! The trees are under so much stress because of the drought that they are are literally falling apart! I've seen trees in this area that have just fallen over because they are dry as a bone. I just hope a tree doesn't fall on Nanny's house.
fallen branch

fallen branch1

fallen branch2

fallen branch3

We sure enjoy the slower pace life style here and now I'm on a mission to find things to do for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment