Thursday, September 8, 2011

Our First Garage Sale!

On this blistering hot Saturday, July 23rd morning, we had our very first garage sale! I was on a mission to get a few dollars for the stuff we did not want to move and we ended up making over $400...cha ching! I was very pleased and very happy! The most memorable moment of our little garage sale is the first lady that showed up asked if she could buy our patio table that I was using as a display table and the patio chairs. At first I said no but then I was thinking that this would be a big pain to move so let's sell it! So, there went my display table right off the bat! The really bizarre part of the patio chairs is that we had all six of them at Kinsey's birthday party the previous weekend but we only had five to give her...very strange! We think that maybe somebody stole one out of our front yard.
garage sale5

Beck spent most of the morning in our comfortable air-conditioned house watching cartoons while poor Kinsey was stuck out in the heat with us until I put her down for a morning nap. Uncle Jeff brought over his air mattress because we are putting our master bedroom furniture in storage and moving the guest bedroom furniture in the master bedroom. There's not enough room for us and Beck on the queen size bed so Beck will be sleeping on the air mattress until we move next weekend. We shut down at 11:30 mainly because we were so hot and hungry. Surprisingly, I didn't sell most of the baby type stuff so I ended up taking that to the re-sale store and we sold the antique armoire on Craigs List for $100! My mom bought that armoire at an antique action when I was in high school and I'm sure it is worth a lot once it is fixed up. We also sold a video arcade game that we bought for $25 several years ago and made a $50 profit on this item.
garage sale3

garage sale4

garage sale6

A couple made a cash offer on mom's house right before we had our garage sale so she also had an estate sale at her house the same weekend and ended up selling some of my crystal and a silver rack from Pottery Barn. We ended up getting $100 for that stuff! Mom (aka Neena) was on a mission to sell everything in her house! Brent usually throws stuff away that we don't want to move but I think he was very pleased with our earnings.

Every once in a while, Beck would come out to tell us that he either wanted something to eat/drink, he wanted to watch another cartoon or that he needed to go potty. Yep, that's right...I started potty training Beck this week and he has done great!!! I'm hoping to get this in the bag before we move so that we are not tied down at the house.
garage sale7

Only one more week and then we are outta here!

No comments:

Post a Comment