Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Happy First Birthday Jackson!

04.20.13

Let me go back a few days and tell you what's going on with little Kinsey Girl.  On Wednesday night after I read to the kids, Kinsey said, "My belly hurts so bad."  I told her to go to sleep and it would feel better in the morning.  Well, two hours later, she started puking!  So, we moved Beck to Daddy's bed, I changed Kinsey's pj's, Daddy changed the sheets and put Beck back into his bed.  Kinsey and I slept on the floor in her room and she was sick all night long.  The. Worst. Night. Ever.  Luckily, Wendy is here and she stayed at the house with Kinsey while I took Beck to school the next morning.  Kinsey had fever all day Thursday and all night because she would spit out the Tylenol and Ibuprofen every time I squirted it in her mouth.  That was so frustrating!  On Friday, the puking had ended but she had major diarrhea.  This was the second time that I thought, "Thank goodness she is not potty trained because this would be a major mess!"  I took Wendy home Friday afternoon and luckily, Kinsey did not have any accidents in the car.  When we got home, I had to get Beck ready for his game and I was totally bummed about missing the game because our coach asked Brent to fill in for him.  But, coach was able to make it so Brent did not have to be the coach tonight.  I made the mistake of putting Kinsey on Daddy's bed and she made the biggest mess on it.  I put her in the shower to hose off the mess and I was at the EZ Wash at 11pm waiting for the king-size comforter to finish drying.  As I was sitting there, I could still smell poop and that's when I realized that it must be on my black shirt!  Eww!  I've been puked on and cleaned up runny poop more in the past few days than I have in my entire life.  We all went to bed hoping that she's better in the morning because we have big plans this weekend.  We gave her some Imodium AD for kids which not a fun thing to do because it doesn't taste good at all.  Thankfully, Brent helped me and he was able to talk her into taking most of it.  She did stop at one point and said, "Yucky!!!" with the biggest scowl on her face.  Poor thing has been through so much.

Kinsey woke up and seemed better so we packed up and hit the road.  Beck was super excited about our trip because he LOVES staying in a hotel!  Usually, I tell the kids to pack the toys they want to take in their back-pack but this time Beck packed his toys without me telling him to do so and he put them in a plastic container.  And, I love that he brought a stuffed animal and there's a book in the box!  I am one lucky mommy because he is the best little boy!  Kinsey, on the other hand, is so weak from being so sick that she slept most of the way.
Jackson's First Bday

We stopped for lunch in Terrell and I took Beck to the restroom as soon as we walked in the restaurant.  After we ate, I realized that I did not have my phone and remembered having it in the bathroom.  My heart was racing!  I am so lucky because the phone was still sitting there.  Whew!  What a relief!  Then, we stopped at a store in Richardson to get five bathroom sinks, a kitchen sink, a mantel for the fireplace and hardware for the doors. I had to change Kinsey's diaper in Daddy's truck and it was not pretty.  Poor thing is still sick.  Now, it's time to check into the hotel and get ready for Jackson's birthday party.  Obviously, Kinsey can't go to the party so she and Daddy ate dinner at a restaurant next to our hotel while Beck and I drove to the party.

My friend, Natalie, always does an amazing job when it comes to party's and she certainly did it again.  But, this was an extra special celebration since they had been through the ringer the past six months.  Jackson has had numerous doctor visits, various procedures, medicines, chemo and surgery.  That's a lot for a baby that's not even 1-year old yet.  Natalie wanted this birthday party to be extra special for her cancer free baby and I'm so happy that we could be a part of it.  She had every type of construction signs, a big pile of dirt for the kids, fully catered Mexican dinner (beef and chicken fajitas with all of the fixins), snack food for the kids, popcorn machine, a bounce house, a giant blow-up slide and awesome party favors for the kids.  Home Depot donated aprons, pencils and car kits for the kids to build.  I think that's the best party favor I've ever seen!
Jackson's First Bday1

Jackson's First Bday2

I met Natalie's cousin, David, through Leigh about 13 years ago.  I was invited to the annual Memorial weekend river trip that is put together by David and Natalie's family and that's how I met Natalie.  David married a super sweet lady, Tiffany and they are expecting their third child next month.  David's dad, Tom, loves David's friends and calls us, "sugar".  Now you know the history of this friendship.
Jackson's First Bday3

Jackson's First Bday4
Most of us are known as the 'river rats' but the two girls on the right side of  the picture have never floated the river with us.  I do miss the oh-so-yummy breakfast Natalie and David's family would make for us...sausage, scrambled eggs, cheese and hot sauce rolled up in a crispy tortilla.  Delicious!
Jackson's First Bday5

Jackson's First Bday6
So, back to the party...this is the best looking construction cake I've ever seen!

Jackson's First Bday8
Natalie got emotional thanking everybody for coming to this special birthday party.  I know she is filled with joy that her sweet baby boy is cancer free.

Jackson's First Bday9
Beck was so excited to find a cupcake that didn't have chocolate in it or on it!

Jackson's First Bday7
He also enjoyed playing on the big pile of sand!

Jackson's First Bday10
Natalie had one wall in her house set up for photos with lots of props...yes, we had a lot of fun!
Jackson's First Bday11

I got a text from Brent asking me when I was coming back to the hotel and that's when I looked at my watch and realized we had been at the party for almost four hours!  It was so much fun catching up with friends I haven't seen in a while and Beck played the entire time!  I know this little boy is starving!  And, I found out that Brent went through five diapers in the four hours we were gone.  Yikes!  We left when Jackson was opening his gifts.
Jackson's First Bday12

We picked up Brent and Kinsey, dropped off all of the stuff for our house in Jeff and Jill's garage, picked up some food for Beck then went back to the hotel.  Beck insisted on eating in the hotel room.  Kinsey wanted to eat Beck's food so Brent went back out to get another McD's meal and more diapers.  She ate one nugget!

It cracks me up watching these two have so much fun in the hotel room.  Beck laid on the luggage rack and made himself a little bed by using the couch cushions.  Kinsey was doing dance moves on the pull-out bed.
Jackson's First Bday13

Jackson's First Bday14

Jackson's First Bday15
They especially love playing with the lock on the door.  After going to bed, Beck didn't last long on his little bed and Kinsey ended up sleeping on the sleeper sofa until about 3ish.

The next morning, we hung out in the hotel while Daddy picked up our stuff from Jeff and Jill's house and he tried to meet up with a girl selling a big tub for our bathroom but we ended up meeting her after we checked out of the hotel.  The tub was in a storage unit and we got a really good deal on it!  Our trip has been very successful but I hate that poor Kinsey is sick.  We stopped at a flooring store to try and figure out what we want for our new home then we ate lunch before going back to Gilmer.  Unfortunately, Kinsey fell asleep in the restaurant and slept all the way home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment