Friday, May 31, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

05.12.13

Wanna hear about last night?  Good because I'm going to tell you about it anyway. We went to bed late again and this time I put pillows against the blinds along the sides and stuffed the blanket the front desk guy gave me above the ac to block that light.  The kids slept in one bed and mommy and daddy slept in another.  I went to bed around midnight which is pretty typical for me.  All was great until I heard somebody screaming, "Let me in!  Let me in! Open this door!"  At first, I thought this was a joke but it went on for so long that I knew something was wrong.  I was cringing hoping all of this noise didn't wake up the kids.  Luckily, it didn't and luckily the front desk person stopped all of the commotion.  I went back to sleep until Beck woke up with wet pants and I did not pack an extra set of pj's.  After I get him cleaned up, I put him in bed with Daddy and he cries, "I want to sleep with Kinsey!"  Aw, how sweet!  But, that only lasted for a minute.  He crawled in bed with Daddy and I crawled in bed with Kinsey.  Our room wasn't as bright as it was last night but the kids still woke up a little earlier than I wanted them to because I was completley exhausted.  Two nights of bad sleep equals a very drained mommy.

After getting breakfast from downstairs, a young boy in the elevator with us mentions the noise last night.  Turns out, a couple showed up at the room right next to ours which was his room thinking that was their room and this couple demanded to get in!  Can you imagine what would have happened if they showed up at our door?  I'm pretty sure we will never stay at this hotel again.

We had to get going because we need to get tile in Arlington before Taylor's blessing at Jeff and Jill's church.  Beck and Kinsey love riding on the cart in the tile store!
Taylor's Sealing and Blessing7

Taylor's Sealing and Blessing15
Do you like the tile we picked and the Versillas pattern?  I hope so because that's what we are getting.

We sat down for a few minutes waiting for the guys to load the tile onto Brent's trailer but it was taking too long and we knew we had to leave before they could get it all done.  Do you know what that means?  We get to come back to Arlington today to load up five pallets of tile!  Wow!  Happy Mother's Day to me!
Taylor's Sealing and Blessing21

By the time we selected tile for the kids bathroom and the master bathroom, it was time to head back to Plano to get ready.  We almost considered going to church with the casual clothes that we had on but we had to check out of our hotel.  It was a mad rush getting dressed, packing up all of our stuff and driving to church.  And, we didn't make it.  Missed it by two minutes.  Bummer! 

We took more pictures after church...
Taylor's Sealing and Blessing22

Taylor's Sealing and Blessing23

Happy Mother's Day Kiki!
Taylor's Sealing and Blessing24

Taylor's Sealing and Blessing25

Taylor's Sealing and Blessing26

Taylor's Sealing and Blessing27

Taylor's Sealing and Blessing28
I love that all of the kids surrounded Aunt Gigi when she got a gift from Noah.

Beck's class went to a place called Create Art a few weeks ago and he painted a rainbow on a ceramic tile along with his handprint.  I can't wait to display it in our new home!  It came with a very special poem...
My dirty little handprint
I've left on every wall
And on the drawers and tabletops
I've really marked them all
But here is one that won't rub off
I'm giving it to you
Because I am so thankful
For a Mother just like you!
Love,
Beck

The day his class did this was the same day we played at the Spring Hill park.  Beck told me he made me something but he said it was a surprise and he actually kept it a secret.  He gave me this gift on Friday and just seeing the excitement on his face was really special.  He told me that he even picked out the gift bag too.  The sweet poem brought tears to my eyes and knowing that he selected the gift bag just for me warmed my heart.  I love my little angels more than you can imagine and I'm honored to be their mother.    This is a Mother's Day weekend that we will never forget.
Taylor's Sealing and Blessing29

After we ate lunch, Brent drove to Arlington to get our tile and I drove by our old Plano house then to Gilmer.  That was the hardest drive I've ever made in my entire life!  I don't know what was in the tile store but my allergies went nuts!  I sneezed the entire time we were there and my eyes hurt so bad that I just wanted to keep them closed.  Brent advised me to take some allergy medicine and I knew it would make me sleepy but I was so desparate for some relief.  I felt so much better when it kicked in but it was difficult keeping my eyes open while driving home this afternoon.  I called my mom and talked to her for a while and I'm pretty sure I called Wendy but nobody answered.  I cannot do that again especially after not getting a good night's rest two nights in a row.  I'm so thankful that I made it home safely.

Brent was able to get three pallets of tile because that's all the trailer and his truck could handle so he'll have to go back again another day to get the other two pallets.  His drive was stressful all the way to Bullard because the trailer swerved badly.  And, the pallet lift that he thought was at the office was not there so he had to unload all of this tile BY HAND!!! He was completely exhausted by the time he got home.  Bless his heart!  I bet we all sleep really good tonight!  It was truly a wonderful weekend and look forward to the next family get-together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment