Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Doctor and Taylor's Adoption Celebration

05.10.13

Road trip to Plano...first stop is...Dr. Minsky's office.
Taylor's Adoption Celebration
I usually always take a travel picture because I'm bored and I love seeing my little angels sleep.
Taylor's Adoption Celebration1

This time, I prepared Beck for this office visit but left out the part about getting a shot.  Last night, I told him that we have to visit the doctor at each birthday and reminded him of the things that we would or might do such as getting on the scale for his weight.  Last year, they did a lot of testing on him so I wasn't sure if they would do that again.  After I picked Beck up at school, we ate lunch at DQ which was a huge mistake.  This place is slower than molasses!  We had absolutely no time to spare getting to the appointment on time which is not good when traveling with two kids.  Right before I took the exit off 75, Beck informed me that he had to go to the potty.  I told him he had to hold it which he did thank goodness.  We all had to go to the bathroom as soon as we arrived at Dr. Minsky's office.  I promised Beck that I would buy him a toy if he's really good and that's when I broke the news to him that he would have to get one shot.  (Going to the doctor's office for Beck and Kinsey's yearly check-up is something that I dread and hate to do.)  Nurse Minsky only asked Beck to do a few things today such as write the letter "t" and stand with one leg up.  Pretty simple and he passed with flying colors.  Beck's weight is 48.4 lbs (90%) and his height is 46" (95%) and he got his last chicken pox shot.  In fact, nurse Minsky gave us some great news...he does not have to come back until he's in 7th grade!!!  How cool is that!!!  I must document that Kinsey was very worried and concerned that she was getting a shot today and we had to tell her numerous times that she was not getting a shot.  With that being said, I'm really dreading her 3-year check-up!

We checked into our hotel but our room was not ready yet so I tried to teach Beck how to play pool.  That was fun!  However, seeing Kinsey smear blue chalk all over her face was not fun.  This required a trip to the bathroom to clean up. 
Taylor's Adoption Celebration2

And, we found out that Marcus is sick which means the Mask family had to relocate to a hotel.  That also means our plans of getting together at Jeff and Jill's has been cancelled.  Bummer!  Now we are meeting at Celebration Station which is so far away from our hotel.  Oh, how I dread the drive.  After getting into our room, I had to get on my computer and email a baby picture to Beck's school for his graduation ceremony.  I was suppose to do it last night and totally forgot.  I wanted to do it this morning but it took me all morning to get packed for this trip.  Now, I'm going to just barely meet the deadline.  Now that I've got that done, let's go to Target for a new toy!  Of course, Beck picked out a Transformer.  And, I had to get a dress for Kinsey because she hid the one that I had laying out.  I was really disappointed in the selection.  Target usually has really cute clothes but I couldn't find anything but this one dress that you will see in the next post.  It was so weird!  Anyway, we headed to Mesquite to meet up with the family.  Today is not only Jody and Jennifer's eleven-year anniversary but they were able to officially adopted Taylor in Ft. Worth this morning.  So, we are going to party like it's 1999!  (I know it's 2013 but this song was a major hit back in 1982.)  Katherine's friend made a stunning cake for this joyous occasion and it was SO delicious!!!  We are SO happy for the Mask family and Taylor is a lucky little girl.  She has parents that will love her with all of their heart and a brother (possibly two brothers) that will love and protect her.
Taylor's Adoption Celebration4

Let the games begin!
Taylor's Adoption Celebration5

Taylor's Adoption Celebration6

Taylor's Adoption Celebration7

Trying to keep up with Beck and Kinsey was hard especially in this place but I also had to keep up with their tickets and their playing cards.  I could only do this for so long and then I made them sit at the table in hopes of the pizza coming soon.  Kinsey was not happy with mommy.
Taylor's Adoption Celebration8

Taylor's Adoption Celebration9
But, she turned that frown upside down when she won 40 tickets!!!

Taylor's Adoption Celebration10
My sweet sister-in-laws...we missed you Jill! (Thanks for this picture Jennifer!)

Let me tell you about the bumper boat ride.  We stood in line forever to find out that we can use our playing cards but we have to purchase the ride that will be put on the card.  So, we had to wait in line forever again.  Then, Beck and Kinsey did not want to get sprayed so we had to stay away from the other boats.  Luckily, there were a bunch of kids and they enjoyed spraying each other but they did get us a couple of times. (Thanks Katherine for getting this picture!)
Taylor's Adoption Celebration11

Taylor's Adoption Celebration12
This is what Beck ended up getting with his tickets...a shark grabber. 

We had so much fun and I want to thank Kiki and Pops for dinner and the playing cards!  We are looking forward to going to the temple tomorrow for the sealing!  On the way back to our hotel in Plano, I stopped at a grocery store to pick up some drinks (milk, oj and water) and we finally got to our room at 11pm.  What a long day!  I am completely exhausted!  I am really looking forward to Daddy helping out tomorrow.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment