Sunday, May 26, 2013

Field Trip to the Tyler Zoo (part one)

05.09.13

The big white bus left Beck's school after 9:00 this morning which meant we really had to get the ball rolling this morning.  Usually, we like to sleep until 8:00 then it's rush to eat breakfast, get dressed and get to school by 9am but not today.  I had to get him to school by 8:30 in order for him to change into his field trip shirt and get ready to get on the bus and we made it there on time!  However, the weather wasn't what I thought it would be so Kinsey and I went back to the house to change clothes.  I drove back to Beck's school and realized I forgot to grab some pants for him because I made him wear shorts today thinking it would be really hot. So, I drove back to the house once again and grabbed his pants which he never asked for all day.  It rained almost all the way to the zoo but it never rained on us while we were there.  Brent told me to go buy a little stroller for Kinsey to ride in but I really dislike those tiny things plus it sure it nice to have the double stroller for my very large bag that I have to carry.  It is usually filled with wipes, diapers, drinks and snacks.  Anyway, you will see that the double stroller was a huge hit with the kids!  I pushed four kids here and there and a couple of girls wanted to push it.  That was a big attraction today!  Becky, Nate's mom, walked in the zoo with me and we walked to the area where the kids entered the zoo which was located at the rhino section.  That is the animal that Beck chose to do a book report on because it's big and has a cool horn!
PreK Beck Zoo

We were suppose to go into a building to get a lesson on real live animals but Mrs. Mason was afraid it was going to rain so we skipped it.
PreK Beck Zoo1

I am forever grateful to be able to join Beck on this field trip!  It was so much fun watching him interact with his friends.  And, he was the best map navigator I've ever seen!
PreK Beck Zoo2

PreK Beck Zoo3

PreK Beck Zoo4

PreK Beck Zoo6

PreK Beck Zoo7

There's a new play area at the park which was the second biggest attraction for the kids today!  I told Mrs. Mason that all we really need is a double stroller and sand to make these kids happy.  She said she looked for several kids at one point and finally found them on my stroller.  I was always the caboose with our group.
PreK Beck Zoo5
(Mason, Landry, Mia, Beck, Olivia, Lauren, Josie, Trace, Kennedy, Aiden, Erik, Nate, Sophie, Peyton and John Henry)

The bear posed for us and the tiger was on the prowl today!  This is the action you see on a day with cooler temperature.
PreK Beck Zoo8

We finally made it to the one place that Beck was begging to see...the alligators!
PreK Beck Zoo9

PreK Beck Zoo10

We stopped for a bathroom break and got the kids together for one more group picture.  Mrs. Mason was walking around the circle bench getting the kids ready for the picture all the while several kids followed her around the circle.  Now that was pretty funny!
PreK Beck Zoo11

No comments:

Post a Comment