Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Going Home

05.02.13

Wendy is going home and we let Beck play hooky from school today.  We didn't take Beck to school so that we could go to the morning story time because we have big plans this afternoon.  Somebody asked Beck why he wasn't in school and he said, "school is closed on rainy days."  Ha!  That made me laugh out loud!  I had to explain to the lady that his school does not really close on rainy days; that's just something that I told him.  I need to really watch what I tell him.  The craft at the library was a cute and complicated bumble bee.  I'm really impressed that Beck was able to do this without any guidance or help. 
library and pet store

library and pet store1

library and pet store2
library and pet store3
Driving usually always puts them to sleep.

We haven't been to the pet store in a really, really long time!  They had quite a few 4-week old kittens!  This is what Beck said when he saw them, "They are so adorable!"  He loves the little kittens and baby chicks.  He told me the other day that he would love to have a baby chick.  Oh boy!
library and pet store4

library and pet store5

library and pet store6
This is the first time I've ever seen a sting ray at this pet store!  Wow!

After playing with the animals and cleaning up, we ate dinner at Beck's favorite place...Luby's.  Then, we met Neena at the mall for a fashion show and Dillard's had a really big drawing for several things.  I ended up with 18 entries and placed them in the kid's clothes box and the ladies clothing box but I did not win anything.  Boo!  However, I did find the best looking cake plate I've ever seen!

We took Aunt Wendy home then Beck reminded me that I had promised them some ice cream and that's how we ended our evening.  I must add that it was very cold tonight and nobody was in the ice cream place when we arrived but the place was packed by the time we left.  I guess ice cream isn't a seasonal item. library and pet store7

No comments:

Post a Comment