Thursday, February 28, 2013

Friday Family Fun Day

02.22.13

We met Jeff, Jill and Marcus at our future new home on this chilly Friday morning.  I guess the workers were cold because we found a little fire burning when we arrived.  Beck and Kinsey enjoyed throwing wood chips in it.
Baptism Friday Morning

I was also shocked to see the windows already installed.  I thought they would be putting them in while we were there but they must have got busy this morning and knocked it out.  It's so much fun to see the progress each time I bring the kids over here.
Baptism Friday Night

Baptism Friday Night1

We ate lunch at a local Mexican restaurant called Taco el Conquistador and it was ok.  I think the hot sauce really sets the tone for any Mexican restaurant and it was less than mediocre.  But, we did enjoy catching up with Jeff and Jill and making the kids eat their food is always fun (is it?).
Baptism Friday Morning2

Beck and Kinsey crashed on the way home so I drove very slowly and I got pulled over which has not happened in years.  I was sitting at a red light and I notice a police car with the lights come on in my review mirror and I was completely shocked.  How can a person get pulled over sitting at a red light?  When the light turned green, I made my way over to a parking lot.  The police officer walked up talking loudly and I quickly made eye contact and whispered, "I'm really, really sorry but I have two kids asleep."  He looked in and saw my two precious angels catching some zzz's.  Luckily, he was a very nice man and talked softly and told me that my brake lights were out.  The only brake light working is the top light.  I told him I was going home and he told me to drive careful.  Thankfully, he didn't ask for my drivers license because it still has our Plano address on it.  I just need a few more months and then I'll get it corrected with our new address.  As I shared this story with the family tonight, Jeff and Jill said they saw me getting pulled over.  How embarrassing!
Baptism Friday Morning1

Kiki was in Dallas this week for an art workshop and brought back Lola and Otto.  Otto is growing up so fast!
Baptism Friday Morning3

Get ready kids because this is just the beginning!  Brian and Katherine will drive in tonight with Ava and Noah.  Jody and Jennifer fly into Dallas tonight but they are spending the night at Brian and Katherine's house and will drive in tomorrow morning with Damian and Taylor.
Baptism Friday Morning4

Baptism Friday Morning5
This is what Beck and Kinsey look like during the prayer.
Baptism Friday Morning6

I'm looking forward to a fun-filled weekend!  Before we left tonight, Beck asked if he could spend the night.  Uh-oh, I wonder how he'll do?

No comments:

Post a Comment