Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Beck's First Baseball Practice

02.19.13

Kinsey and I picked up Aunt Wendy this morning because Daddy is planning on working some late nights this week.  Plus, she'll get to watch Beck at his very first baseball practice tonight.  As dinner was cooking in the oven, Beck wanted to ride his 4-wheeler to Aunt Karen's house so I loaded Kinsey in the double stroller and talked Aunt Wendy into pushing both of us.  That was a treat for me!  I love riding the double stroller especially when I'm next to my little angel!  On the way back home, Kinsey wanted to ride with Beck and I pushed Aunt Wendy in the stroller.  Yes, I know we are way too old and way too big to ride in the stroller.
Dance Class with Beck7

Dance Class with Beck8

Practice starts at 5pm and ends at 7pm.  Daddy had a meeting in Paris this afternoon and arrived at practice right on time.  All the boys lined up against the fence as the coaches threw balls at them.  Unfortunately, we did not work a whole lot with Beck on how to catch a ball using the glove.
First Baseball Practice_Beck

Beck got some one on one time with the head coach and that's when Beck got hit on the head with the baseball.  As I was taking these pictures, I noticed tears rolling down his face.  He came up to me when he was done catching balls with the coach and told me what happened so naturally, I gave him a big hug.  Brent said he heard the coach say, "Stop babying him."  Luckily, I did not hear him or I probably would have given him a dirty look.  I can hug my kid if I want to!
First Baseball Practice_Beck1

Beck wanted to go home but Daddy told him that we are not quitters and that he has to stay and finish practice.  So, Beck cried for a solid hour!  It was so hard for me to watch but I kept trying to encourage him.  Daddy had to drive back to Tyler for an 8pm meeting so I'm really glad Aunt Wendy was here to watch Kinsey while I was Beck's cheerleader.
First Baseball Practice_Beck2

Beck finally quit crying when all of the boys huddled up for a pep talk from the coach.  I guess he was happy he didn't have to catch anymore balls.  The coach was really nice to the boys and told them he loved them and that he wouldn't be here if he didn't.  He also talked about a get-to-know you party at his house.  Then, he asked the boys, "who got hit by a ball?" and several boys raised their hands.  He looked at Beck and asked him if he's coming back to the next practice and I was shocked to see Beck shake his head yes.  I thought for sure he would shake his head no.  Then, all of the boys put their hands together for a "Go Wildcats" shout and Beck put his hand in at the last second.  I was happy to see him participate and I'm so proud of him for sticking with it until the end.
First Baseball Practice_Beck5

First Baseball Practice_Beck4

Aunt Wendy helped me give the kids a bath and we later saw Beck on the couch asleep.  He was completely exhausted!  I wonder how hard will it be getting him to the next practice?

No comments:

Post a Comment