Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Happy Birthday To Me!

02.09.13

It's Saturday night and we are going to a baptism with Kiki while Pops takes care of Beck and Kinsey.  This is my first baptism to witness since I've been going to church with Brent.  In fact, I have made the decision to get baptized in a couple of weeks.  I've been going to church with Brent for the past three years and I once told Brent that I would always be a visitor because I have the biggest fear of giving a talk.  I'm not sure why it took me so long to make this decision but I do know that I've been away from the gospel WAY too long and I want to be a better person since I've been listening and learning.  Plus, I want to be sealed with my family because I want to see them again in the celestial kingdom.  Ironically, it took Brent three years to ask me to marry him and it has taken the same amount of time for me to join this church.  I guess three is our magic number.  I'm super excited and it's going to be even more special since the entire family will be able to attend.  Kiki had planned a birthday celebration on Feb. 23rd in Dallas and that's when the missionaries recommended that I get baptized.  My first reaction was, "we will be out of town."  But then I looked at Brent and asked him if he thought we could do the birthday celebration here and that way everybody could attend my baptism.  It's a win/win situation!  I want to give a big thanks to Kiki for putting the thought into my head and to the de Gala's for opening up their home every Monday night so that I could meet with the missionaries.  Beck and Kinsey had a complete blast playing with their kids!  Now I need to work on my fear of speaking.  Yikes!!!

After the baptism, Brent and I bolted to Longview in hopes of eating dinner and catching a movie.  It was my choice tonight since this is my birthday dinner and I could have picked a favorite restaurant but I went out on a limb and picked a place that we had heard good things about called Cheeburger Cheeburger.  Since I have over twelve years of restaurant experience, I always check out every little detail of a new place and I was enjoying the 1950's feel of this place.  The Shake of the Day sure sounded tasty!!!  How could you go wrong with a Butterfinger Cheesecake Shake?  Sounds delicious to me!
Day Before My Bday

Brent and I had a deep conversation about where we've been and where we are today and ended up missing our movie but that's ok.  I'd much rather have a meaningful conversation over a movie any day!
Day Before My Bday1

Brent opted for the one-pound burger and he will get his picture taken and posted on the wall if he's able to eat the entire burger.  What do you think?  Can he do it?
Day Before My Bday2

Yes, he did it!!!  He did not want his picture taken with the faux burger but I begged him to do it so I could get one for the blog.
Day Before My Bday3

And, we decided to not get a shake and we went to the Yogurt Bar which is a place that we love.  I went all out tonight and got all of my favorite toppings!  Lots of chocolate and lots of nuts on some cake batter ice cream.  Yummy!!!
Day Before My Bday4

Kiki and Pops surprised me with a birthday cake when we picked up the kids but I was way too stuffed to eat another bite so we'll enjoy it tomorrow.  Thank you for the cute cake and the wonderful present!!!
Day Before My Bday5

The next day, we went to church and the primary kids sang a birthday song to me which was very sweet and special.  The reason I was in primary is because Beck has all of a sudden decided that he does not like primary anymore.  So, I've been sitting with him in hopes that he'll get comfortable with his new teacher and make new friends since we are now going to first ward.  (We've been going to second ward with Kiki and Pops.) 

Brent will probably kill me for posting this picture of my birthday card but it's a very special card because it was made with his hands.  Plus, I'm getting a very big gift...a brand new house!!!  Thank you Brent for all of your love, sweat and stress!  I love you to the moon and back!
Day Before My Bday6

No comments:

Post a Comment