Sunday, February 17, 2013

Field Trip and Neena's First House Trip

02.07.13

This is a big, big day for us!  We started the morning taking Beck to school and he's going to the Discovery Science Place in Tyler on the big bus with his class.  I know he's going to have so much fun!  Then, Neena came over to watch Kinsey so I could get my hair cut and colored which is my favorite thing to do before my birthday.  After Amanda fixed me up, I picked up Beck and he was so happy to see me and told me he had a fun field trip.
Mom Sees House

We all loaded up and drove to Bullard to see our house.  Last week, we saw the first floor framed and this week (today) we will see the second floor which is very exciting!  And, this is Neena's first time to see our neighborhood and the house.  When we arrived, the framers were still working so it was a little loud for Beck and Kinsey.  They just wanted to play with the umbrella!
Mom Sees House1

They are not completely done with the second floor but we can at least walk up there and get an idea of what the rooms will look like.
Mom Sees House2

I gave Neena a tour while we waited for Brent and Beck stayed in the car.  Then, Neena stayed with Beck while Brent, Kinsey and I walked through the house.  Kinsey had her hands over her ears the entire time.
Mom Sees House3

Ready for the tour....
Mom Sees House4
This is the living room...chimney on the left and 6 large windows on the right side of the picture.

Mom Sees House5
When you look up, you can see a Juliet balcony from the second floor.

Mom Sees House6
When you walk in the front door, there is a formal dining room on the right then the living room straight ahead.  I wanted to turn this room into an office but it didn't work out so I'm not sure what we'll do with this room.

Mom Sees House7
The kitchen is open to the living room and the stairs are located next to the kitchen nook.

Mom Sees House8
Neena helped Beck up the stairs and there is a window facing the backyard as you go down the stairs.

Mom Sees House9
This is Beck's room.

Mom Sees House10
Beck and Kinsey loved running around the house once the framers left which made Daddy very nervous!

Mom Sees House11
As you go up the stairs, the media room is to the left and the toy room will be the open area outside the media room and the kid's room. 

More pictures will be posted on our next visit and I hope you enjoyed this tour.  This ended up being a really long day for Neena (and Beck)!  It was really late by the time she left Gilmer but I'm so glad she got to see where her first-born child will live in approximately four months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment