Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Rain and Injury

01.25.13

It is a rainy, dreary, lazy day today and it's the first time in a long time that we haven't had anything planned which is nice.  We did absolutely nothing but you can only do nothing for so long.  We went to Wal-Mart and this is the first time Brent has been to Wal-Mart with us in a very, very long time.  We are making history today.  Then, we drove to the Gilmer Lake and this was my first time to see it since Brent, Kiki, Pops and other volunteers from church cleaned it up and it looks really nice now.  Kinsey desperately wanted to swing and she was so, so sad when we told her she couldn't because it was raining.  She would have got on the swing if we had let her and she would have stayed on it too.  This girl loves to swing!
Lake, Chili and Nanny

Lake, Chili and Nanny1

There was a chili cook-off at church tonight and it was fabulous!!!  There were so many different kids of chili, cornbread and lots of desserts.  We couldn't get many bowls to taste each one so I got a little from each chili that looked good and all of them mixed up was fantastic!  Plus, I'm a big lover of chili.
Lake, Chili and Nanny2

01.26.13

We took Nanny some peanut butter crunch treats that I made on this Sunday afternoon and she loved them.  Beck and Kinsey had fun playing in Nanny's wheel chair and she enjoyed watching them have a good time.  They also love to play with the large dividing curtain but we have to tell them many times to be careful to not pull the curtains down.
Lake, Chili and Nanny3

Lake, Chili and Nanny4

Right before we left, Kinsey crawled up in Nanny's lap to give her hugs and kisses and that's when it happen...he rubber rain boot came down on Nanny's leg and gave her the biggest bruise.  I felt so bad.

I also got hurt right before we left the building.  The porch swing fell and I naturally put my hand down to catch myself and that's how my arm got so bruised from my watch.  Thank goodness this didn't happen to one of the residents or an older visitor. 
Lake, Chili and Nanny5

No comments:

Post a Comment