Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pet Store, New Costume and a Scary Moment

11.05

We all went to the pet store Saturday morning which is almost as good as going to the zoo! The kids love seeing the animals and they can hold a lot of them which is awesome! I think they said this bird is nine months old and is really sweet.
wet pets

wet pets1

wet pets2

wet pets3

wet pets5

At first, Wendy wanted a fish like Beck's for Christmas but now she's thinking she wants a hamster. I think she'd do a better job with a hamster because I can't imagine her cleaning the fish tank but I'm afraid the hamster might get lost in her house. Maybe we should get her a bunny!
wet pets10

wet pets4

Luckily, Beck does not want a snake!
wet pets6

Kinsey was so gentle with this cat. I wish Buttercup would let the kids pet him...he's still scared of them.
wet pets7

wet pets8

Beck still tells me that he wants a dog when we get a house. Oh boy!
wet pets9

We made the mistake of taking Beck to the Halloween store next door and he wanted us to buy him a really expensive Darth Vader costume so we told him we would go to Toys R Us and see if they had one. I really thought all of the costumes would be gone by now but they still had some. They did not have Darth Vader but they did have this one from Star Wars and it was on sale so we got it. I'm hoping it will still fit him next year.
DSC_0036

Before we walked into Toys R Us, Beck got his hand stuck in the sliding glass door. I was on the phone telling mom about Texas Motor Speedway and Brent sprinted to the door to pull the door close to get Beck's hand unstuck. I immediately got off the phone to check his hand. It was a very scary moment for all of us! The security guy sitting in a chair at the front seemed concerned but never got up to tell the manager what happened nor did he look at Beck's hand. I'm assuming this wasn't his first time to see this happen because I would have been freaking out if I had seen a kid get his hand stuck in the front door! Luckily, his fingers were fine...just a little sore. I dread the day he gets hurt really bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment