Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Once Upon a Time

10.19

It's here!!! The first night of Yamboree is half price night. I picked up Wendy this morning so she could enjoy the Yamboree plus, I got a ticket for her to see the pageant tonight. We went up to the square just long enough to see a few rides and get a picture of my little family.
yamboree 1

Brent took the rest of the pictures of Beck riding the boat and he played a game to get a trumpet. We told him he could take the trumpet to the next football game since he likes hearing the noise makers.
yamboree 11

yamboree 12

Wendy and I had to rush home, get dressed and meet Heather at the Civic Center for the 7:30 performance.
yamboree 13

I love the seats I got and so did the press! At one point, the man from the press had his giant camera lens in between our heads. I haven't figured out how to use the flash attachment on my camera so I used Brent's work camera. The theme for this year's pageant is "Once Upon a Time". This is last year's queen and she is the daughter of my high school friends, Karen and Mike.
yamboree 14

I've always thought the dresses for the Ladies In Waiting were pretty but they seemed to be more glamorous this year. This was my ultimate favorite dress!
yamboree 15

I only liked two of the seven dances performed.
yamboree 16

This was my second favorite dress and this girl is an officer on the Stars drill team. She's also the daughter of Brent's elementary school teacher which he had a crush on her.
yamboree 17

More pretty dresses and I think every girl in this pageant sprayed their entire body with glitter.
yamboree 18

yamboree 19

yamboree 110

I would love to use this backdrop for Kinsey's room some day...it is spectacular!
yamboree 111

This is the daughter of another high school friend, D'Anne...she looks like an angel.
yamboree 112

If you look closely at the bottom picture, you will see a little girl about the same age as Kinsey that stepped off the platform that all of the kids are standing on and laid on the floor! I could totally see Kinsey doing this same exact thing. Actually, she does that every day.
yamboree 113

This is it folks...Queen Drew...she is stunningly beautiful!
yamboree 114

yamboree 115

yamboree 116

What a treat! I thoroughly enjoyed the evening and I want to thank Brent for baby-sitting the kids. Wendy had never been to a pageant before and she REALLY enjoyed it. She sincerely thanked me for taking her when we left. I'm looking forward to next year's pageant! (Maybe I can some how be a part of it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment