Saturday, October 27, 2012

Day Two of Yammin It Up

10.18.12

It's day two of the Yamboree and the rides don't open until noon so how do we spend our morning?  At the Yamboree grounds and we saw more animals today.  In fact, the swines were being shown when we showed up so we sat in the bleachers and watched the young boys and girls guide their swine around the arena.  I notice Queen Paige standing near Linda Kay and made a bold decision to get Kinsey's picture taken with her!  She was already posing with other people and she kindly took a picture with Kinsey.  I was so excited and I was also shocked that Kinsey was willing to be held by a complete stranger!  She hardly ever lets anybody hold her.  Sometimes, she tells Neena to stay back if she gets to close too her.  Anyway, I was impressed with my "make-it-happen" skillz.
Thursday Yamboree

A sweet young girl let Beck and Kinsey pet her bunnies and they were so soft.  I bet they have a better life than most bunnies.  Then, we went to see the goats and Beck and Kinsey had so much fun trying to feed them.  They were cracking me up!
Thursday Yamboree1

Thursday Yamboree2

The weather is perfect...chilly in the mornings/evenings and warm in the afternoon.
Thursday Yamboree3

The kids wanted to play at the park but I talked them into stopping in the Yamboree building so we could see Beck's yam decorated like a pig.  And, to our surprise, Beck's class won first place for their Noah's Ark!  Way to go!!!  (Beck's pig is the one with the wiggly eyes.) 
Thursday Yamboree4

We finally made to the park!
Thursday Yamboree5

Thursday Yamboree6

After Kinsey woke up from her nap, we finally made it to the square to ride many, many rides and the wrist bands today cost $15 and I had to buy three of them...Yamboree can get very expensive.
Thursday Yamboree7

Kinsey cracks me up when she wears her sunglasses!  She insists on wearing them when it's bright outside.
Thursday Yamboree8

Thursday Yamboree9

Aunt Wendy loves riding the rides with the kids which is great for me since I get sick so easily.  Beck went down the slide with Aunt Wendy the first time but he did it over and over all by himself.  He's such a big boy!
Thursday Yamboree10

Thursday Yamboree11

Kinsey and I rested while Beck and Aunt Wendy rode the fire truck that goes up and down and around.  I rode it once last year and wanted off as soon as it started.  I'm not sure what happened to me because I rode everything when I was young.  Maybe it has something to do with my bad ears.
Thursday Yamboree12

Beck somehow got hurt and sweet little Kinsey Girl gave him a big hug and comforted him.  Now that melted my heart.
Thursday Yamboree13

Beck and Kinsey love Aunt Wendy and she loves them very much!
Thursday Yamboree14

Wendy Sue rode this ride numerous times and I cannot believe she did not get sick.  Just watching it made my stomach turn.  By the way, Thursday is the best day to go to the square!  We never stood in line and went from ride to ride.  It was awesome!
Thursday Yamboree15

My plan was for us to go home, eat dinner then go back to the square with Daddy but he got home a little earlier than usual so we decided to stay on the square and wait for him to get there.  Luckily, I had a cooler full of drinks so all I had to buy were four corn dogs ($3 each) and a basket of fries ($1.50).  Beck and Kinsey wanted me to peel off the bread and they only ate the weinee.  Really!?  They are missing out!  Then, I bought a $3 cup of ice cream and split it four ways.  This was the best homemade ice cream I've ever had!
Thursday Yamboree16

I guess I should have gone home so we could have had a little break from the square because Daddy ended up running out of gas.  As he was walking to the house to get the gas can, he ran into Cole and Devin (they are living with Aunt Virginia) and they gave him a ride.  By the time he got to the square, I was ready to go home.  I was done.  But, I promised Beck that Daddy would ride the ferris wheel with him and he brought it up when Daddy showed up.  Beck has a really good memory.  Since neither of us had a wrist band, we had to buy eight tokens ($1/token) to ride the ferris wheel with Beck and Kinsey.  This is the view from the top of the wheel...I'm glad we rode it!
Thursday Yamboree17

Just as the night started getting cooler and we were about to head home, we got a call that Kiki and Pops arrived with Ava and Lola.  We stayed for another hour riding with them but then it got too cold for Beck.  Poor thing was shivering!  I really wish I had gone home for dinner so we could have changed clothes and grabbed our jackets.  Oh well, we made it work and we had a blast!
Thursday Yamboree18

2 comments:

  1. Cute, Cute, Cute! Still shocked Kinsey let a real "Queen" hold her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun...looks like you guys had a great time! Love all the pics.:-)

    ReplyDelete