Monday, October 29, 2012

Day Three of the Yamboree

10.19.12

This was the busiest day and I took very few pictures.  We started this Friday morning setting up our chairs in front of the band stand to watch the school parade.  It was chilly in the shade but felt great in the sun.
Friday Yamboree

The parade started at 11:00 and before it started, Beck informed me that he was hungry and wanted a sandwich.  I had to explain to him that nobody has sandwiches at the Yamboree.  Luckily, I was able to walk across the street and bought a big, juicy burger from the church booth.  Beck devoured it!  I guess he was hungry after all.
Friday Yamboree1

We went home to eat lunch then Kinsey went down for a nap.  Wendy stayed at the house while I took Beck back up to the square to meet Katherine, Ava and Lola.  I was really nervous when they rode the bears because it not only spins around but there is a circle in the bear to make it spin even more.  I had flashbacks of Beck laying down from being dizzy when he rode the carousel at the Dallas Zoo.  They were spinning and nobody got dizzy...yeah!
Friday Yamboree2

Lola wanted to ride the dragon roller coaster (she's a brave little girl!) so I took Ava and Beck to the cars ride.
Friday Yamboree3

I was really hoping we would get away with all three of them riding the space ship ride but the carnie was on top of it and told me that only two can ride.  Ava, being the sweetheart that she is, gave up her seat.
Friday Yamboree4

After an hour of fun, Beck and I went back to the house to pick up Aunt Wendy and Kinsey then we drove to Wendy's house.

I had to rush back to get Kinsey's all-you-can-ride wrist bracelet before the price went up.  Today's price is $20 but it went up to $25 after 5pm.  We got her bracelet then met up with Leigh and her kids, Natalie and Anderson.  We were able to hang with them for an hour and then they left.  Thankfully, Daddy got off work early, met up with us and we ate burgers (from the church booth) for dinner.  By the way, Kinsey loves riding the carousel!
Friday Yamboree5

Brian drove in from work and we met up with them.  We stayed up there late again tonight and the kids rode so many rides.  Brian's awesome expression is from looking at the kids get on the fire truck ride.
Friday Yamboree6

It has been a very long day for Mommy and I am completely pooped but enjoyed every minute of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment