Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Reindeer Run

12.01.12

Today is the big day...my first 5k in a long time and I'm so nervous!  The route I usually run in the Patterson Addition is 2.2 miles and I'm about to run one extra mile...yikes!  I sure hope I can do it!  I am one really lucky girl because the headphones I ordered arrived in the mail yesterday.  Whew!  I can't wear the ear buds (long story and some what embarrassing) so I run with the music blaring loud.  Yep, I'm THAT person!  I'm sure my neighbors love my dance work out music.  I bet they are also happy that I own a sparkling white headphone.  The entry form asked all participants to wear Christmas attire so that's why I'm wearing my Christmas shirt and I got the super cool socks from Target.  I didn't want to wear a Santa hat (that would make my head too hot) so I cut off the white trim and wore it as a headband.  However, I did not win the prize for dressing up...there were people that dressed up way more than me. 
Reindeer Run

Brent, Beck and Kinsey supported me just after the one-mile marker and at the finish line.  Yes, I completed the 3.24 mile run without dying.  I'm now the proud owner of a Reindeer Run t-shirt.
Reindeer Run1

After the run, we ate breakfast with Santa at the high school cafeteria and it was delicious for only $3.50/adult and $2.50 for Beck (Kinsey was free). Our meal included pancakes, sausage links, donut holes and oranges.
Reindeer Run2

Reindeer Run3

We put all of our names in a basket in hopes of winning a fabulous prize.
Reindeer Run4

Beck told Santa what he wanted for Christmas...a Switch and Go Dino.  Kinsey would not sit on Santa's lap.  They also received an ornament with the year and their name written on it.  It's a cute glittery snowman (blue for Beck and pink for Kinsey).
Reindeer Run5

Reindeer Run6

The music teacher played Christmas music which Beck loves and his school friend, John Henry, asked Beck to join him by the piano.  It was so cute to see all of the little kids gather around and sing Christmas songs!
Reindeer Run7

We stayed until the very end because Beck so desperately wanted to win a prize.  We told him that not everybody will win something and that many boys and girls will walk out without a prize.  But, Brent's name was called so Beck and I claimed our prize...a stuffed raccoon, sour patch candy, a package of hot chocolate, chocolate kisses and peppermints.  Beck and Kinsey love it!
Reindeer Run8

This has been a great Saturday morning and it's the first day of December...yikes!  I better get busy wrapping presents and mailing out Christmas cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment