Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Christmas Party at the Library and Kinsey's First Dance Recital

After Kinsey woke up from her nap, we went to story time and the librarians set up the craft tables for a festive Christmas party for the kids.  And to my surprise, my high school friend, Tiffany, showed up with her girls.  She usually goes to story time in the morning but she told me her girls wanted to give Beck and Kinsey a candy bar for Christmas.  They are so sweet!
library christmas party

We went home to eat dinner and get ready for Kinsey's very first dance recital at the Civic Center.  After we arrived, we grabbed some seats then I took her backstage and she hung on to me like a leech!  I was so worried that she would not go onstage but her teacher said, "Follow me" and the next thing I know is Kinsey walking with her class to get ready for their big performance.  Wow!  I'm so excited and nervous at the same time!
K's Dance Recital

Kinsey's class is the second group to perform a ballet routine to Silent Night then the music switches to a fast paced beat.  The girls walk out onstage...
K's Dance Recital1

Kinsey's dance teacher is standing on the side of the stage showing the girls the steps since this is their first time on a big stage and Kinsey is doing almost all of the moves.  However, her bow keeps flopping around and she adjusts it a few times.
K's Dance Recital2

K's Dance Recital3

K's Dance Recital4

K's Dance Recital5

K's Dance Recital6

I know Kinsey was happy to have Kiki and Pops there to watch her perform and we are all so very proud of her!!!  I can't wait to see her next dance recital which is in May.  You did a great job Kinsey Girl! 

Today was a very busy day for our family...Beck's nativity play, a party at the library and a dance recital.  As we prepare to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, my heart has been heavy lately for a dear friend of mine that has recently discovered that her 8-month old baby boy has a very rare cancer and may have to start chemo treatments soon.  I pray that God watches over them and gives them the strength they need to get through this very difficult time.  It also makes me appreciate the many blessings I have in my life.  I love my family very, very much!  

No comments:

Post a Comment