Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Black Friday...no thank you!

11.23.12

I want to make the most of our trip to Dallas because this girl does not like to sit around especially when we are in the big city.  Beck and I recently read a book about subways and he told me that he wanted to ride one underground.  I started brainstorming and remembered that the Dart Rail system goes in a tunnel and I knew Beck would love it.  So, we spent Black Friday morning on the Dart. We started at the Parker station and ended at Cityplace/Uptown which is where the tunnel is located.  I've been on the Dart many times since my office was right at the Lovers station but I had never got off at the Uptown station.  We went so far underground that our ears popped and we had to go up two super long escalators to get to ground level.  Once we reached the top, there was a trolley that would take you to the uptown area but we decided not to do that but it sure was fun and interesting to see.  Plus, we also saw an elevator that rode at a 45 degree angle!  I wish we had got on it.  Anyway, we went back underground to wait for our ride back to the North Park station.
Black Friday and Saturday3

Black Friday and Saturday4

Black Friday and Saturday5

Black Friday and Saturday6

Black Friday and Saturday7

Once we arrived at the North Park station, we decided the mall was too far away and we didn't want to cross over 75 so we walked to the new shopping center located at this stop which was a big mistake.  The store I went in had some great deals but I wasn't about to stand in the very long line to buy one thing!  We should have let the kids play at the park that was there.  Then, we walked to a salad buffet place that Brent loves and it's great for the kids because we can get lots of different things for them.  I ate a pretty tasty soup and a salad then we all went crazy with the desserts!  Ice cream a go-go!  Luckily, the place wasn't crowded because Beck and Kinsey were a bit rambunctious.  Beck sang Christmas songs while sitting on the deck between the booths.  It was very, very cute and I got a video of it!
Black Friday and Saturday8

This is when Beck told me that Santa is putting Kinsey on the naughty list because she's been a bad girl.
Black Friday and Saturday9

We finally made it back to Jeff and Jill's and everybody took a long nap except for me and Beck.  I took the opportunity to polish my nails and I think I might have had more sweets left over from yesterday's Thanksgiving feast.

Once everybody was up and about, Kiki and Pops came over to watch the kids so we could all go out on a date.  Jeff and Jill went to SMG to see the Twilight movie...Brent and I went to the Legacy theater to see the James Bond movie called Skyfall and it was awesome!  Plus, we were able to eat dinner there and it was delicious!  A big thanks to Kiki and Pops for baby-sitting!

One of the other things I wanted to accomplish while here is to try and see some Christmas lights in the fancy neighborhood in Plano.  Since this is our last night here, we loaded up the kids and looked at the beautiful lights that were up and on.  It was still too early for everybody to decorate so we didn't see as much as we usually do and our kids were super tired!
Black Friday and Saturday10

Tomorrow's agenda...going to see Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment