Sunday, November 4, 2012

Last Full Week Before Halloween

10.22-26.12

This Monday was Kinsey's second morning dance class and we already knew that she would not have class next Monday so I put on her Halloween tutu.  She decided to play with markers this morning which is why she has a spot on her face and it's on her hands.  The Kinsinator strikes again!
Dance and Snake

Now that Yamboree is out of the way, the girls are focusing on learning the dances for the Christmas recital and it is so cute!  I took lots of video today!
Dance and Snake1

Dance and Snake2

Dance and Snake3

On Tuesday morning, Beck's class rode the big bus to Cali's Acre to visit the pumpkin patch.  He said they had a lot of fun except for the bees attacking them while they ate lunch.  Pardon the pun but that really is a buzz kill.  However, he did get to bring home a cute little pumpkin.
Dance and Snake4

I killed a snake today for the very first time in my life!  Urgh!  I've always disliked snakes and I've seen more than I'd like in my lifetime.  In fact, when I was a little young one, I had nightmares about my bed being covered in snakes and I wouldn't get up until mom came in my room to wake me up.  Anyway, I was raking leaves away from the patio and a baby snake was curled up under a big pile of leaves.  I grabbed the shovel, placed it on the snake and pushed down as hard as I could.  This one was much easier to cut than the other one I tried to kill this summer.  I took a picture of it but it's just too gross to look at and nobody really wants to see a dead animal.  Right?  I know I don't.  The really scary part is that some creature ate it during the night because it was gone the next morning.  Ewww!

On Wednesday morning, I ran a few errands then ate lunch at a place I haven't been to in YEARS called Johnny Cace's Seafood & Steakhouse with Neena and Stephen for his birthday.  This place has been in business for 60 years and is still going strong.  It was a delicious birthday lunch!  Afterwards, Kinsey and I had to bolt to Gilmer to pick up Beck.
Dance and Snake5

On Thursday afternoon, the kids made monster puppets at the library and they also received a Halloween goodie bag.  I wish these ladies could receive some sort of award for the outstanding work they do for the kids.
library10

Beck played hooky on Friday and we spent the entire day in Longview.  We shopped all morning with Neena, ate lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant then Kiki and Pops met us and they took Beck to see Hotel Transylvania.  It's a really cute movie and I can't wait to see it.  Then, they had to do a little shopping and took him with them.  Brent called me right as I had picked up the phone to call him to tell me that he just saw Beck helping Pops unload the cart.  As it turns out, Brent had to meet the architect in Longview and checked Instagram before calling me and saw a picture of Beck in a big cart and he knew exactly where they were.  He just happened to see them in the parking lot and watched Beck work hard.  He told me that it was very sweet to watch his boy in action.  We all met at Luby's to eat dinner then we drove to Kiki and Pops house to help unload and hook up their brand new television.  It's been a very exciting and fun week!  Our calendar is filling up very quickly now that the holidays are quickly approaching.  Christmas will be here very soon!  Yikes!  

No comments:

Post a Comment