Monday, November 26, 2012

First Report Card

11.12-16.12

I apologize for the clarity of these pictures...I'm not only using my iPhone but the little window that I peek through to watch Kinsey is very dirty.  Kinsey's teacher, Ms. Staci, has informed us that they have to learn a new dance for the Christmas recital because Mrs. Carla took the one she was using.  I am so bummed because I had worked with Kinsey on learning the steps and the dance was SO cute!
3rd week November1

3rd week November2
(notice the pointing toe)

3rd week November3
(look at that leg!)

3rd week November4
(take a bow)

As usual, Kinsey has the biggest smile and she always runs to me after class.  I'm so proud of her!
3rd week November5

Tuesday night was the Relief Society Thanksgiving dinner and I took crock pot corn.  I should have doubled the recipe because it was gone pretty fast!  The ladies that decorated the gym did a fantastic job!  It was so elegant!  A couple of ladies demonstrated how to bake a couple of different pies and we ended the night by saying what we are thankful for...such a nice evening!  

Beck's very first report card!  Wow!  There are a few things we need to work on such as "Works well independently" but overall, it's a good lookin' report card.
3rd week November6

Sometimes, I take Kinsey to the library on Thursday mornings so I can see my morning library friends and there were so many kids there today.  She really enjoyed making the turkey hat.  Then, we go back in the afternoon so Beck can participate in story time and pick out some books to read.  There were only three kids there and that's including mine!  It's usually a small crowd in the afternoons but I don't recall it ever being this small before.  We think most people are getting ready to go to the Buckeye play-off game tonight.
3rd week November7

3rd week November8

Neena and Stephen watched the kids Friday night while Brent and I ate dinner at a place that we really like called Newk's.  I had a bowl of lobster bisque and a salad and it was delicious.  Then, we spent the rest of the evening doing some Christmas shopping and we got almost all of it done tonight! Yippee! 

Here's the really funny story about tonight...we all went for a walk around the neighborhood and Brent arrived earlier than he thought he would.  We were almost back to the house and I went straight while Neena, Stephen and the kids turned down a side street which met up with the street that I would have to take to get back to Neena's house.  The kids started running and I totally panicked because there was no way I would be able to walk down my street then turn down the street to get to Neena's house and beat them so I started running.  Keep in mind that I have on boots, jeans, a sweater and a vest...certainly not running attire!  As I'm running, I keep looking back to see if the kids have noticed that I went a different direction and a car drives by probably wondering what in the world is going on!  I called Brent and asked him to drive down the street to pick me up so the kids wouldn't see me.  As it turns out, Neena also knew they would beat me to the street at the rate they were going so she detoured the kids by looking at the ducks in the pond.  Whew!  The things we do!  Anyway, I really enjoyed our date night and the kids had a blast with Neena and Stephen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment