Friday, November 30, 2012

Demolition Day!

11.19.12

The company Brent works for, WRL, is remodeling the home side of the Gilmer football stadium and Brent is the project manager for this job.  He never in a million years thought that after spending many countless hours on this field that he would end up in charge of remodeling this old stadium.  Boy, did it need it!  The floors in the press box were about to cave in!

The Monday following the last home game, the bleachers and orange seats were removed.  Exactly one week later, I noticed the excavator tearing down the press box on the way to Beck's school.  Schools were shut down this week for Thanksgiving so the timing was perfect.  After I dropped off Beck, Kinsey and I walked onto the field to witness first hand how a building is demolished.  It was quite impressive.  Kinsey was very scared at first but I explained to her the chompers were eating the wood and she seemed to like my story.  Then, we drove to the back side and I ran into Devin and we talked for a bit.  Shortly afterwards, David (superintendent of this job) and I talked about how old the press box is and he said the building started shaking as soon as the excavator touched it which does not surprise me at all.  I also told him this was a big deal for little ole Gilmer and he said he didn't tell anybody about what was going on today to avoid crowds of observers.  Good thinking Lincoln!  Too bad Brent couldn't be here to watch the demo with us.
yard decorations and demo2

This is what happens when Daddy takes Kinsey's car seat to work with him...
Thanksgiving Feast and Lot

Luckily, I did not need to run any errands...we just drove around in our neighborhood. I love the pirate hat Beck is wearing! From now on, I need to remind Brent to put all car seats back in my car on Sunday nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment