Sunday, August 19, 2012

Happy Birthday Neena!

08.13.12

For Neena's birthday, Beck, Kinsey and I picked up Aunt Wendy and gave her a couple of presents and then we ate dinner at The Cotton Patch.  I also baked a Neiman Marcus cake and it was delicious!!!  I was so excited because a lot of thought went into what to make her since she is a fabulous cook.  She's always making things for other people and I wanted to make something special for her.  I thought about the yummy banana pudding recipe that I found this summer or the scrumptious apple dumplings so I asked her which she liked better, bananas or apples and she said neither.  At this point, I hit the recipe books hard and heavy!  That's when I found the Neiman Marcus cake recipe and decided to try it for the first time.  Yes, I was so nervous!  The next day she called to tell me that Stephen ate both slices that she kept and he's very picky when it comes to desserts.  It looks like this recipe is a keeper!
Neena bday1

There's a really funny story about her gift.  I actually bought it last year before we moved to Gilmer but it got lost while we moved and I just recently found it!
Neena bday

When we ate dinner, Kinsey sat by me but towards the end of the meal she decided to sit next to Neena.  You have no idea how much I enjoyed having the entire bench seat to myself!  I spread my arms, relaxed and enjoyed watching the kids give Neena so much attention.  Another exciting moment for me was when Beck ate my bowl of okra!  His menu selection is expanding which makes me very happy!
Neena bday2

Neena bday3

This is Kinsey's first time to wear pig tails!  She looks so cute!
Neena bday4

Neena bday6

I'm pretty sure Neena enjoyed her birthday and we sure enjoyed being able to celebrate it with her!
Neena bday5


No comments:

Post a Comment