Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Really Busy and Fun Friday!

08.24.12

Friday was a busy day for both of us...Katherine spent the morning with Jaimie and her kids; Beck spent the morning doing the picnic thing at school.  I knew spending all morning outside would wear him out so Beck took a nap while Kinsey napped and he slept for a LONG time!  Once I got both of them up, Katherine followed us to the new splash park in Longview and I picked up Neena since we drove right by her house.  Ava, Lola and Otto loved the park and it was nice to have Jaici there with us to help out.  (She's such a sweet young lady!)
splash park with ava2

At first, Kinsey tagged along with Ava but for some reason she got really upset that she got wet.  Kinsey sat on the towels and sulked for a little bit...
splash park with ava3

Then, I asked Neena to take a picture of us and that cheered her up a bit...
splash park with ava8

I'm not sure where this came from but Beck has decided that he doesn't want to wear a swim shirt anymore.  It's kind of sad for me because I want to protect his delicate skin and this means he's growing up!  He wants to be like the big boys.
splash park with ava5

splash park with ava4

splash park with ava6

This picture cracks me up because it looks like Beck is holding on so the water doesn't sweep him away!
splash park with ava7

Little Ava is such a brave little girl!  She stood under the big Dr. Pepper can that dumps all of the water.  And, little Otto sat under it too with Jaici and Ava.
splash park with ava9

I made the mistake of putting this swimsuit on Kinsey!  I knew the straps would not stay on her shoulders but I was hoping the water would make them stay on her...wrong!  It was aggravating for me and her.  Once I got her going on the slide, she was a happy little girl.  She went down that slide as many times as she could.  I think Otto went down it a couple of times.
splash park with ava10

After playing for almost 2 hours, the kids were ready to go!
splash park with ava11

We took Neena back home then headed to Pops and Kiki's house for dinner but to my surprise, the kids wanted to swim instead of eat.  Luckily, we had Jaici with us to help because we had a total of five little ones in the pool with one adult (Katherine).
splash park with ava18

We pretty much re-created everything we had done the day before to show Pops, Kiki and Daddy.  We made the slide using the big, thick float and Kinsey slid down it many times and Ava caught her many times.
splash park with ava12

splash park with ava13

Even Otto got in on the slide action!
splash park with ava17

Beck wanted to show us that he can stand in the water...
splash park with ava14

Beck was in the crab float for a little while then kindly gave it up so Otto could use it.
splash park with ava15

splash park with ava16

We finally ate dinner around 8ish and it was funny to watch the kids devour the food!  They were SO hungry!  I'm telling you this was a jam-packed, fun-filled day!!!  Good times and good memories! 

No comments:

Post a Comment