Monday, August 13, 2012

First Week of August

08.01-03.12

Another month is gone and I've already seen Christmas decorations in some of the craft stores.  I'm getting really excited about the upcoming holidays!  It'll be so much fun with Beck and Kinsey because Beck absolutely loves Halloween and Christmas and Kinsey will learn how to trick or treat.  In fact, Beck is already working on his Christmas wish list!

I needed to give the kids a project while I put together dinner (lasagna which is Beck's favorite!) so I cut the shape of a rainbow using poster paper.  I told the kids to glue fruit loops on the rainbow but Beck had a better idea...he wanted to paint a rainbow.  I got some finger paint and put small globs on the newspaper.  Beck wanted to use a paint brush and I thought Kinsey would want one too.  (Monkey see monkey do.)  The project started out clean but quickly turned into a BIG mess thanks to Kinsey!  She decided to paint her fingers then it turned into rubbing paint all over her arms!  Beck naturally joined in and I was shocked!  Luckily, I had put the lasagna in the oven right as they were ready to get cleaned up.  I rinsed them off as best I could then I put them in the bathtub.  We took an early bath tonight!
fingerpaint

fingerpaint1

fingerpaint2

fingerpaint3

fingerpaint4

I've been wanting to get Beck's haircut and we finally found time to get it done today.  Ahhh, I love his haircut!  He's just so stinkin' cute!
1st week of august

Friday morning, we picked up Neena to run a few errands then we picked up a small chocolate chip cookie from the mall for my Aunt Vickie's birthday.  We met her at Pappacita's (her favorite place) and she loved getting together with us.  And, Beck and Kinsey sure enjoyed sticking their fingers in the cookie icing!
1st week of august1

After Kinsey woke up from her nap, we put on our swim suits and jumped in Kiki's pool.  Pops and Kiki are on their way to Wimberley, TX for a joint birthday party for Ava and Noah.  We would have gone but Daddy has to work this weekend.  Boo!  Jeff and Jill couldn't go either because Jill had to work.  As I was cleaning the pool, Beck found some goggles and I wondered what he would do with them and to my surprise, he put them on all by himself!  This has been the best summer!  Not only did I get to spend lots of quality time with my kids but they both loved the swimming pool this year.  Momma is very happy!
1st week of august2

1st week of august3

Daddy finally spent all of his Christmas money!  He's been holding on to it waiting to buy the one thing that he wanted and he finally found it...a shotgun and lots of bullets!  We are both afraid of what's about to happen so he's getting prepared.
1st week of august4

We took a ride on the golf cart and picked a couple of little watermelons from the garden to give to the neighbors animals.  Kinsey was so afraid when the animals started coming towards us.  She kept saying, "no, no, no".  She didn't understand that the fence would protect us from them.  And, our little Beck is getting so brave!  I remember when he would throw the food at the animals but look at him give the food to them.  This is how we spent Friday family fun night! 
1st week of august5

1st week of august6

No comments:

Post a Comment