Saturday, June 2, 2012

Memorial Weekend

05.26-28.12

We had planned on going to Uncle Bill's annual Memorial Day party but between our trip to the beach and traveling to Dallas, we needed a break.  Brent was tired of driving.  Our trip to Dallas was this past Monday right after we returned from Galveston to take Beck to the doctor for his 4-year check up (checked his hearing, checked his eye sight and got two painful shots in each arm...Boo!) and to close on our Plano house...Yippee!!!  Dr. Minsky said Beck's hearing is normal, his eye sight is normal and his weight/height is proportional.  And, at the closing of our Plano home, we discovered we made an extra $3k on the deal so we were very happy.  I sometimes refer to myself as "The Planner" because I'm always thinking ahead...usually have the whole day planned out but today was an "off" day for me.  I guess I was still on vacation because I really goofed up...let me explain...Brent worked half the day so Beck and I met him in Lindale and I left my car in the Wal-Mart parking lot.  When we left Dallas, Brent asked me if we should take George Bush all the way to I-30 and that sounded great because 635 is always a nightmare during rush hour traffic.  We got all the way to Quitman when Brent remembered that we did not get my car!  Neena got to my house at 9:30am and I told her we would be home at 8pm.  I'm sure she was not happy to hear our GIANT goof-up.  We finally got home at 8:45pm and she had to take Aunt Wendy home which means Neena did not get home until almost 10pm.  Now that was a long day for everybody!!!

It's Memorial weekend and we have nothing planned except to get lots of sun!  Sarah H. and her five kids came over to swim and it was a little overwhelming for Beck and Kinsey.  They stayed out of the pool because there was way too much action.

We also went to the Spring Hill park and Beck absolutely loved playing on the splash pad.  Surprisingly, Kinsey does not really enjoy the splash pad.  She'd rather play on the playground.
memorial weekend

memorial weekend1

memorial weekend2

memorial weekend3

memorial weekend4

memorial weekend5

memorial weekend6

memorial weekend7

We got back in the pool and both Beck and Kinsey loved it!!!  Kinsey wore the float that wraps around her chest and her arms and she was a swimming machine!  Beck enjoyed seeing what she was doing and wanted to join in on the fun.  Brent and I loved it!  Both of our kids were in the pool, kicking and swimming!  Awesome!

Brent enjoyed a game of golf with Pops and I tried to get the kids in the pool again but I think they were either burned out or they enjoy getting in the pool with Daddy instead of Mommy.  We left Miss K with Kiki and Brent and I took Beck to Lindale to drive around.  We looked at several different areas and most had been stripped (no trees!).  We did find one little new area that was developed correctly and had lots of trees!  It was gorgeous!

What a relaxing and fun-filled Memorial Weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment