Saturday, June 9, 2012

First Week of Pre-School (part one)

06.04.12

I knew this week would be crazy busy and boy was it ever which is why Wendy spent the week with us.  Let's start with Sunday night...we did the traditional Bishop thing of taking a picture of Beck's clothes that he will wear on his very first day of pre-school at the First Baptist Church Child Development Center (FBCCDC).   Of course, little sister had to get in the picture too!
preschool 1

Beck seemed to be excited but Mommy was oh-so-nervous.  Luckily, Beck's teacher, Mrs. Mason, was an elementary teacher for 25 years so she knows exactly what to do with my precious little angel.  She had a Welcome sign on her door and the kids were already on a rug ready to learn when we arrived right at 9am.  Beck sat down and each kid introduced him/herself.  I left with my heart racing not knowing what would happen...would he cry, would he enjoy the day, would he eat lunch, etc.  A thousand questions raced through my mind but I was put at ease when I picked him up and found him in the gymnasium playing with balls and his new friends.  I asked him if he was ready to go and his response was, "No!".  Looks like taking him back tomorrow won't be a problem.  Yes!
preschool 19

preschool 11

Every Monday is movie day at the library so Wendy stayed at the house while Kinsey napped and Beck and I watched Puss N Boots.  When we arrived, Beck's soccer friend, Avery, was there and Beck shared his Transformer blanket and pillow with her...so sweet!  Then, she put her arm around him!  Ha!  Avery loves little Beck!
preschool 12

preschool 13

After Kinsey woke up, we showed Wendy our new-found trail that's near us.  Beck and Kinsey have decided that they want to walk now instead of ride in the double stroller.  I discovered this last week and I'm sure I looked really silly pushing a double stroller down the street while my two kids walked next to me.  Anyway, this trail that we like so much is totally shaded by the big trees and has a big hill which leads to a city water pump hence the large tractor.  Beck and Kinsey love to hold hands which I absolutely love!
preschool 14

preschool 15

On Tuesday (Day Two of pre-school), Beck arrived at 8:45am and the kids were playing on the playground.  He quickly joined them and turned back to wave and say, "Good-bye Mommy".  Awe, that made my day!  However, Mrs. Mason did tell me that Beck did very well for his first day but he did tear up once.  She had told the kids to go to a center (I'm assuming a center is different activity's at different stations.) and that's when she noticed his tears.  She asked what was wrong and he said, "Nobody wants to play with me."  She paired him up with another student and all was good.  First day is always the hardest because you are meeting new friends, new teacher and learning the ropes.

We had another good day on Wednesday (Day Three) and that afternoon, we went to the library to see a juggler.  An activity is planned every Wednesday for the kiddos.  This time we saw Beck's friend Will T. but Beck insisted on sitting by me today.  This guy had all of the kids laughing...even Beck was laughing HARD!!!  Kinsey didn't enjoy it as much as Beck but at least she didn't cry.  I got lots of video of this guy but not one picture. 
preschool 16

preschool 17

preschool 18

It's been a very busy and successful week so far...only two more days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment