Friday, June 22, 2012

Father's Day Eve

06.16.12

Today was a VERY yucky rainy day which means we had to find something fun to do indoors and I knew just the place...welcome to Kid's Station!  This place is like a giant jungle gym with coin operated games which is Beck's favorite thing to do!  And, he especially loves collecting tickets!!!  I think we ended up with a little over 100 tickets which was enough to get both of them little toy airplanes and two snakes!  The only reason Kinsey wanted a snake is because Beck got one.
saturday night

saturday night3

saturday night4

saturday night5

We did manage to get them to the top and play a little...
saturday night1

saturday night2

The tickle monster attacked Beck...
saturday night6

This place requires all kids to wear socks but once we took Kinsey's socks off, she was going up and down all of the tunnels!
saturday night7

saturday night8

saturday night9

We ate lunch at McDonald's and it seemed like they were training every single person in this place...it was the craziest experience we've ever had at McD's!  I thought I could eat a hot fudge sundae while the kids played but Kinsey decided she would rather eat my sundae and then Beck decided he wanted ice cream.  After our very long visit at McD's, we finally made it out of there.
saturday night11

For dinner, we took Pops and Kiki to a Mexican restaurant on the square for Father's Day and it was another terrible experience.  The host was also our waiter which didn't really matter since there was only one other table that he had to serve besides us.  (I'm not sure how this place stays open with only two tables filled on a Saturday night.)  He didn't bring us chips and salsa until Brent asked for it and that's also when our food came out.  He knew the plates were hot but yet he handed me mine and I would have dropped it because it was smokin' hot but then the dropped plate would have landed in front if Kinsey!!!  I quickly grabbed a piece of ice and put it on my burned skin.  I was so not happy!!!  Restaurant Rule #1, NEVER hand a customer a hot plate!  I think we need to venture out to Gladewater or Pittsburg the next time we want to eat out.

After dinner, we went to Kiki and Pops house and I made a banana pudding.  It was my first time to make this recipe so I was a little nervous but I knew it would have to be good based on the ingredients.  It was FABULOUS!!!  I can't wait to make it again!
saturday night12

This was a really nice day spent with the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment