Sunday, June 10, 2012

First Week of Pre-School (part two)

06.07.12

We were off to a great start this Thursday morning...Beck woke up early, he put on the clothes that I had laid out and we got to school in time to eat breakfast with the other kids at 8:30am.  I quickly noticed the table was completely full which means Beck would have to sit at another table all by himself.  There was no way that I could do that to him so I sat down with him and he was served a cup of oranges, a plate of French toast sticks with syrup and a small milk carton.  He ate a few oranges and that was it...I couldn't get him to try the French toast sticks nor would he drink the milk but that was ok because he actually already ate breakfast at home.  However, Beck never turns down milk even if he is full so I had to find out what was going on and I discovered that he won't drink out of the milk carton.  From what I gathered, it seems that he might have tried to drink out of it once but it might have spilled on him.  Mrs. Mason collected breakfast, cleaned the table and lined the kids up to go to class.  They normally play outside but it had rained and everything was wet.  Beck hung on to me and did not want to stay...Day Four did not go well for us but that was ok because I was going to pick him up early anyway.  I learned a lot on this day.
preschool 110

We went back to the house, picked up Kinsey and Aunt Wendy then headed to the library for story time.  Afterwards, we drove to Longview to pick up Neena then met my Aunt Vickie and my cousin, Crystal, for lunch at a place we all love to eat...Pappacita's.  Lunch was yummy, as always, and it was nice to catch up with my cousin who is a high school teacher.
preschool 111

preschool 112

After lunch, Neena wanted to walk to a store and my two sweet baby's held hands the entire time we walked.  It just melts my heart to see them act so kindly to each other.
preschool 113

Beck slept in the car on the way home then crawled in the recliner and quickly went back to sleep.  This is one tired little boy!
preschool 114

I kept Kinsey outside so he could sleep and she had the best time playing with my shoes on her tiny little feet.
preschool 115

I bought Beck the PERFECT backpack after we watched the jugglers on Wednesday.  Can you tell what it is?  Kind of hard to see since it blends in with his Bumble Bee pj's but it's a Bumble Bee Transformer backpack!!!  Beck was showing it off to Daddy Thursday night and we were getting him pumped about going back to school Friday morning.
preschool 116

Surprisingly, Friday morning was a success!  Mrs. Mason was off so the other pre-school teacher had both classes today and I was so worried that Beck wouldn't want to stay.  We placed his backpack on the coat rack and we walked back to join the big class.  Once again, I noticed that all of the tables were full but luckily, this teacher quickly pulled up a chair so that Beck could join a group that was already working on a project.
preschool 117

They were eating lunch when I picked him up today so I stood to the side in hopes of him finishing his food but between Kinsey calling his name and me peeking in on him, he finally saw me...can you tell how happy he is to see me?  The director of the school witnessed his reaction and said, "You are more important than food."  Aw, I love this little boy so much!
preschool 118

We had to go back to his classroom and pick up his backpack along with his folder which had his art work in it.  This week they focused on Fun in the Sun and next week they will learn about Fun Under the Big Top.  A movie called Madagascar 3 was recently released and I'd really like to take him to see this movie since it's about a circus. 
folder

I hope week two of pre-school is just as fun as exciting as week one!

No comments:

Post a Comment