Monday, June 14, 2010

The beginning of my 3-month "vacation" started off with a bang! My last day at the office was nice...I had to see the doctor Friday morning so I got to the office at 10:30 then Todd and Eric wanted to leave at 11:00 to eat at the Grand Lux Cafe (my favorite!) for my farewell lunch. (I got bar-b-que chicken pizza, salad and beignets.) We got back to the office around 12:30 then Todd said I could leave at 3:00 which was so nice! I picked up Beck then made Spanish Rice to take to Brian and Katherine's house. After fighting the rush hour traffic, we finally made it to their house. (Driving anywhere on a Friday night is a nightmare!) The kids had so much fun running around and playing then we had a surprise...Pops and Kiki showed up! We ate fajitas and Jill made the most delicious cake balls. Beck was so worn out that he fell asleep on the way home.

Saturday evening, we took Beck to the Rough Riders field for a fun family night. Urgent Care sponsored movie night and showed the movie Shrek on the scoreboard, offered popcorn and passed out glow in the dark necklaces. There's a play area for the kid's and Beck really liked it (even the bounce house) but his absolute favorite was getting on the John Deere cart. The workers told us not once but twice to please get off the cart. Of course Beck cried so hard both times! We saw very little of the movie and ended up leaving because Beck was so worn out and tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment