Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Kinsey - After Birth


The c-section takes approximately 45 minutes...10 minutes to get the baby out and the rest of the time is spent working on the mom. After the procedure, I was rolled into a recovery area and they only allow the dad to be with the mom at this point but my sweet nurse made an exception and let mom in the room with Brent. After they monitored me for about an hour, I was rolled into my super sweet suite!!!

I'm watching Kinsey get her very first bath in our very nice room. Our neighbor (head of the maternity ward) hooked us up with the biggest suite! It had a flat screen television in front of my bed and another room with a couch (for Brent to sleep on) with a flat screen in that room.
After Beck's nap, Nana went to my house to relieve Jill then Jill headed to the hospital with Marcus to meet Kinsey. Jeff showed up that evening but I was in the sick phase so we didn't get a picture of him.
I know this is gross but we have to document Kinsey's first poop...
Nana brought Beck to the hospital that evening so he could meet his new sister and see Mommy and Daddy.
The first night was rough...she wanted to eat every 2 hours and I was so super sore. The nurses felt sorry for me as they saw Brent was totally passed out on the couch.
We received flowers from my office and Brent's office sent flowers with a cute little monkey for Beck.

No comments:

Post a Comment