Tuesday, June 17, 2014

MOPS

02.13.14

MOPS and Valentine's
Kinsey loves going to the Moppettes room!

Our table discussion question today is...
"What assumptions could others make about you based on your appearance?"  This question makes you think.  Do people think I'm a snob because I like to dress up?  Do people think I'm stinky because I still have my work out clothes on from when I worked out?  (Yes, I wear my work out clothes all day because I usually don't have time to shower until the kids go to bed.)  In the end, I'd like for people to assume that I'm a nice person no matter what I'm wearing.

Devotional Time!
Let's talk about envy.
We should encourage each others strengths.  Maybe there is somebody in your life that is super organized and you would give anything to learn how to be more organized.  Contact that person and compliment their ability to be organized and ask them to share their knowledge with you.  I bet you have a skill that the organized person would love to learn from you!  Don't compete with each other!  Embrace who we are!

MOPS and Valentine's4
Our activity today is to learn how to apply icing to a cookie.  Shelby shared the Royal Icing recipe which she prepared for us this morning.  She also bought cookies from a local bakery.

MOPS and Valentine's2
Here's the secret to keep the icing from running off of your cookie...the icing used as the trim is a tad bit thicker than the icing that will used for the entire cookie!

MOPS and Valentine's3
This was a lot of fun and I can't wait to share these with my loved ones at home tonight!  Will I do this at home?  Probably not.  It's too easy to just buy the cookies already prepared.

MOPS and Valentine's1
This is the room that Kinsey goes to during my MOPS meeting.  She is collecting her stuff so she can leave with me.  We will be back in two weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment