Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Ice Day!!!

02.12.14

Here are a couple of pictures from yesterday's dance class...
Ice Day part two1

Ice Day part two
(Kinsey and Mikel; pretty in pink!)

 Before I talk about what we saw when we woke up this morning, I must tell you what crazy thing I did yesterday.  I knew there was a chance of ice but we have had very little lately so it's hard to trust the weather forecasters these days.  I had an appointment to get my hair cut and colored at 2:30 with Amanda in Gilmer.  Neena met us in Gilmer and I knew she would freak out because I saw ice accumulating on my windshield wipers!  She told me she had ice on her car which I already knew but luckily, she didn't back out on me and took the kids to her house.  She picked up some allergy medicine before going home just in case Beck had a break out while at her house since he's allergic to cats.  Anyway, it takes Amanda about two hours to do my hair and by then I was getting nervous.  Brent called me as I was leaving the salon expressing concern about my drive home because the ice was starting to build up in Tyler.  Yikes!  I was on a mission to get home so I quickly picked up the kids and drove oh-so-carefully home.  The roads weren't bad until I got on Old Jacksonville Highway which is the road that takes us to our house from the loop.  I was doing some serious praying tonight!  I begged Heavenly Father to please guide us home safely and He did!  I was so very thankful to pull into my neighborhood without any problems as far as slipping or sliding.  Brent sat in his truck in the driveway waiting to get a call from me.  Needless to say, he was thankful to see us get home safely too.

We woke up and found lots of ice in our yard!  Tyler actually got a lot more than we did so Beck's school shut down since they follow the Tyler ISD schedule...Bullard did not close. I hope you enjoy the pictures I took today...
Ice Day part two4

Ice Day part two5

Ice Day part two2

ice day

ice day1

ice day2

ice day3

ice day4

ice day5

Ice Day part two3

ice day9

ice day6

ice day10

ice day11

ice day12

ice day8

Ice Day part two7
The girls in Young Women offered baby-sitting services for a few couples tonight so they could have an early Valentine's night out. Brent and I stayed home and rented Superman...it was a nice treat to have a night alone!

1 comment: