Thursday, February 27, 2014

Terrific Thursday

11.21.13

3rd Week of November11
Kinsey and I are starting our morning at MOPS today.

3rd Week of November12
It's a service project day and we are making a meal for the kids from very low income homes to give to their parents.  It made me sad to think there are families that appreciate a meal as a Christmas gift but I am so grateful that I could help make these meals.  We filled plastic containers with 7-bean soup then topped it off with some pasta.  I thank our Heavenly Father every day for the many blessings in my life. 

3rd Week of November13
After I picked Beck up from school, he showed me the puppets he had made and they are so cute!

3rd Week of November14
Late this afternoon, I took the kids to Faulkner park and we first stopped at the pond to feed the ducks.  I am in love with the colors of the trees!
3rd Week of November15

3rd Week of November16

3rd Week of November18
Then, we went to the play area and it started sprinkling so we ventured into the woods to get some protection which was a great learning opportunity for the kids.  The trees kept the raindrops from falling on us.
3rd Week of November17

Baseball Field with Tommy
My friend, Tiffany, mentioned that her son, Tommy, is doing a boy scouts project a few weeks ago and I talked to Brent about helping him get started.  Brent graciously offered to help so we met Tiffany and her family at the baseball fields so Brent could tell them what all they needed to get the project done.  Tommy is building boxes for baseball hats that will be mounted above the bench seat in the dugout.  Beck and Kinsey had a blast playing with Tiffany's two other boys by running around the bases.
Baseball Field with Tommy1

As we were leaving, we found a huge toad and one of Tiffany's boys caught it.  I cannot tell you how much fun we all had watching the kids play with that poor toad.  We all laughed so much but deep down, I really felt sorry for the toad.

3rd Week of November19
This is what Beck and Kinsey do to our bedroom.  They use all of our pillows to make a comfy pallet and they bring every stuffed animal they can carry in our room.  It drives us crazy but we wouldn't trade it for anything.  

No comments:

Post a Comment