Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Church and Family Home Evening

11.17-18.13

The Bishop asked Brent and I to be on the Christmas ward party planning committee and our first meeting was two weeks ago.  This is what we have planned...ham, turkey and rolls will be provided and we will ask members to sign up for sides; the Bishop will sit in a rocking chair on the stage and read the Christmas story to all of the children; bells will be passed out and Santa will approach the kids while we sing, Jingle Bells.  Brent volunteered to make the fireplace since we have the large boxes from our new sectional couch and I was volunteered to make the flyers to be placed in this Sunday's programs and a poster.  I quickly discovered that the programs I had on my work computer and help from the IT department at my old job made creating projects much easier.  I tried so many different things and kept striking out.  It was so frustrating!  But, alas, I finally came up with something that I was proud to print.  What do you think about my flyer/poster?
3rd Week of November

3rd Week of November1
I sure have enjoyed my fall decorations but they will be replaced soon because we are anxious to get the Christmas decorations out.

3rd Week of November2
Family home evening was spent bringing down many boxes from the attic and putting up the Christmas tree.  Beck and Kinsey were so excited!
3rd Week of November3

3rd Week of November4
Kinsey is ready to add the top of the tree.

3rd Week of November5
I'd like to get a bigger tree one of these days but this one will do for now.  Our tree is decorated with ornaments collected over the years.  Neena always gives me a fancy ornament each year and she finds the best guy ornament for Brent.  We also have the Disney characters and many china cherubs.  It's not a fancy tree but it's filled with many memories.
3rd Week of November6

3rd Week of November7
Beck and Kinsey's tree which is also decorated with ornaments they have received since they were born.

No comments:

Post a Comment