Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Young Women in Excellence

11.12-13.13

Young Women's
Off to dance class!

Young Women's1
Our cute little ballerina.
Young Women's2

Young Women's3
On Wednesday, Neena and Aunt Vickie came here to visit us.  We did some shopping at the mall after picking Beck up from school and they found these cute animal hats.
Young Women's9

I was invited to the Young Women's meeting tonight and this will be my very first meeting to attend.  I was also asked to bring Kinsey's ruby red shoes from when she dressed up as Dorothy at the Halloween party and some of my shoes.  When I arrived, I was amazed at the work that went into this meeting.  I asked Misty if they do this at every meeting.  That's when the leaders realized how new I am to this and explained that this is the end-of-the-year celebration/recognition for all of the work they have done.  Ah-ha.  Now I get it.
Young Women's7

The Young Women's President, Tiffany, started the meeting by using a great analogy.  When Dorothy was at the the land of Oz all she wanted to do is what?  Go home.  What did she need to get home?  She had to tap her ruby red shoes three times and say, "There's no place like home." 
Young Women's4

Young Women Group Pic

Young Women's8
The scripture the girls memorized and said every Sunday is, Wherefore Stand Ye In Holy Places and be not moved until the day of the Lord cometh for behold it cometh quickly saith the Lord (D&C 87:8).  So, Tiffany made these really cute picture blocks for everybody that says, "The right pair of shoes can change a girls life."
Young Women's6

Young Women's5

I am so glad I attended this "meeting" and realized how differently my life could have been if I had been taught these values.  These girls are so lucky to receive the messages they hear every Sunday and to have the support from the church and from their family.  What a blessing!  I especially LOVED the super cute cupcakes made to look like shoes!!!  Tammy did an awesome job making them.

No comments:

Post a Comment