Saturday, February 1, 2014

Happy Halloween!

10.31.13

Halloween Eve7
Mops schedules one play date per semester and we had planned on meeting at a park in costumes this morning but because of all the rain, we ended up meeting at Kari's house.  This was a last minute change and it was so sweet of Kari to open up her house for all of us.

Halloween Eve8
This is a super cool and super packed play room.
Halloween Eve9

Halloween Eve10
I want to say there were close to 20 moms that showed up today.

Carving Pumpkins15
Are we ready for round two?  Here we go to another Halloween party but this time we will know more people.
Carving Pumpkins13

Carving Pumpkins14

Halloween Ward Party1
I have to share what I did to my costume.  I ordered it on-line and I was a bit disappointed when it arrived because it looked so blah.  I showed it to Neena and she suggested that I add rhinestones and I thought she was crazy.  I'm not spending tons of time blinging up this costume so I seriously thought about sending it back.  Well, a few hours before the party last night, I took the hat, the dress and the star outside along with glitter and a glue stick.  I smeared the glue stick all over the star for the wand, all over the hat and on the butterfly and the piece on the chest area and sprinkled glitter on everything and it stuck!  I was so super excited because my costume now looks fabulous!

Halloween Ward Party2
The primary leaders are in charge of the Halloween party and they did an incredible job!!!  I kind of freaked out because Brent and I are on the Christmas party planning committee and the expectations have been set pretty high.  It looks awesome in the gym!  We had a chili cook-off and I forgot a secret ingredient which is cinnamon...bummer.  But, it was still delicious.
Halloween Ward Party3

Halloween Ward Party4
The stage was set up for all of the desserts to be handed out during the cake walk which Beck and Kinsey loved doing!
Halloween Ward Party7

Halloween Ward Party5
All of the dads had to participate in a musical chair game which was really fun to watch.

Halloween Ward Party6
This is my neighbor friend, Shannon, and  her baby, McKenna.

Halloween Ward Party8
Kinsey, Beck and Conner

Halloween Ward Party9
At the end of the night, as we were Trunk or Treating, I was handed a big container of cheeseballs for "Best Costume"...hot dog, I won a prize and I owe it all to my last-minute idea of bedazzling it!  Lol!

What a fun day/night!  However, Beck was a little upset that we did not go trick or treating in our neighborhood.  I need to try and figure out how we can do both next year.  Tomorrow is November!  Wow!  Christmas will be here very soon!

1 comment: