Thursday, March 7, 2013

I Will Be Reborn Today (part two)

I don't know why Brent insists on making funny faces and I don't know why my tongue is always showing when we take pictures...
Baptism Saturday 27

The time is finally here and the room is packed full of friends and family.  It warmed my heart to see so many here to support me.
Baptism Saturday 3

Baptism Saturday 31

Elder Taylor and Elder Taylor are the missionaries that gave me the lessons but Elder Taylor was transferred to McKinney six days ago and we took a picture with him but it was on his phone.  I'm hoping to somehow get that from him.  Our new missionary is pictured on the right side of the photo.
Baptism Saturday8

After going to Jay's baptism two weeks ago, I was told that I would be the person to pick the songs and decide who would give talks at my baptism.  Wow, what a big decision to make but I put a lot of thought into it and this is the flow of my baptism:
Presiding - Bishop Jack Jones
Conducting - Bishop Jody Mask
Opening Song - I Stand All Amazed
Opening Prayer - Jennifer Mask
Talk on Baptism - Jeff Bishop
Talk on Holy Ghost - Brian Bishop
Baptismal Ordinance - Brent Bishop
Special Musical Numbers - Trish Quiroz and Steve de Gala
Closing Song - Because I Have Been Given Much
Closing Prayer - Kathleen Bishop
Confirmation - Wesley Bishop
Pianist - Kelsie Sullivan (Song Leader - Jill Bishop)
I want to thank each of you for the kind/inspirational words spoken today.

Brent and I practiced the dunking procedure earlier today and Jeff gave us some helpful tips such as make sure my hair gets wet or we have to do it again.  That made me nervous.  Before Brent dunked me, I looked at him and said, "make sure my hair gets wet."  He did it right on the first dunk!  The missionaries shared some exciting news with me...my sins have been washed away and I am reborn again today.  Hallelujah!  I've been away from church far too long.  I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure mom and dad quit going to church when I was in junior high school.  Brent and I started going to church faithfully when Beck was a little over one-year old because we both wanted to get our life on the right track.  We were both on the wrong track.  The reason why I'm sharing this information is because I don't want Beck and Kinsey to follow our footsteps.  Since I've been going to church, I realize that I was truly a lost soul and I don't want my kids to be a lost soul.  Please learn from my mistakes and stay true to the church.  Pray often and trust that God will take care of you.  In one year, I will be able to seal our marriage and our family which will be another special day.
Temp

Neena and my best friend from high school, Natalie, came in the bathroom to help me get ready but there wasn't anything they could do so I told them to enjoy the songs being sung by Trish and Steve.  After Brent got dressed, he came in the bathroom and put my shoes on my feet as I was putting on my make-up.

A reception was held in the primary room with a table decorated with beautiful flowers and filled with yummy cookies thanks to my super sweet Mother-in-law and Father-in-law.  My thoughtful sister-in-law, Katherine, made a delicious punch that everybody loved.  She was nice enough to share it with me so we can have it again.

This is what Sheri looks like with wet hair and very little make-up...Yikes!  I feel like a wet cat especially standing next to Bonnie.
Baptism Saturday 28

Brandon put the programs together and he did such a great job!  We had a last minute change on Friday afternoon and he was able to make the changes and had the programs ready by Saturday afternoon.
Baptism Saturday 29

This is a big night out for Nanny and I am so happy that she could be a part of this special moment.
Baptism Saturday 210

Brent and Mommy
I love this picture of my hubby with his mommy!  So, so sweet!

A big thanks to Jody for treating us to dinner tonight at the Mexican restaurant that we often frequent because of the green sauce!  Delicious!
Baptism Saturday9

Baptism Saturday11

Baptism Saturday10

After dinner, we all went to Kiki and Pops house for a birthday celebration.  Now that's a big cake!
Baptism Saturday12

Baptism Saturday13
Pops got some new shirts for his birthday!

This has been a day that I will never forget and it means so much to me that we were all able to get together.  A super-sized big thanks to Katherine for taking pictures today!  Of course Beck wanted to spend the night again.  This boy is having the time of his life with his cousins!  I love all of you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment