Monday, March 18, 2013

Happy Birthday Melanie!!!

After leaving Blue Goose, we went to the grocery store across the street to get some juice boxes to take to the birthday party.  Beck and Kinsey also picked up some chips...I guess the grilled cheese sandwich didn't fill them up.  Anyway, on the way to the party, they both crashed and it didn't take us that long to get to the party so I parked in front of the house and sat there for an hour while they slept.  That gave me time to catch up on social media stuff on my phone. 
Saturday at Leigh's13

Melanie and I worked together at Metromedia Restaurant Group for the Steak and Ale division.  She was in HR and I was in the Training department but we always sat next to each other through all of the moves made at the company. (We started in one building then moved to another.)  Anyway, she adopted one boy before I met her then she and her husband adopted two boys and two girls while we worked together.  What an amazing person!  I learned so much from Melanie.  Since I had no kids, I was astounded by the love she had for all of these babies that were placed in her life.  All four kids were placed with her through CPS as a foster parent with the intent to adopt.  There was only one baby that she was not able to adopt and she had a feeling that the baby might not stay with them so she told me that she put up a wall and didn't allow herself to bond with the baby girl.  Melanie is a strong willed lady and we hit it off the first day we met.  We were inseparable at work and we were known as the Giggle Girls.  We laughed a lot!  She took me in under her wing during my single days and totally supported me by cheering me up during sad times and she was my cheerleader when I would tell her about my modeling gigs.  I haven't seen her since Beck was born and we keep in touch through facebook but I sure do miss her.  I hate that we don't see each other anymore but I'll always treasure the years we worked together.  Happy 50th Birthday my dear friend!!!
Melanie's 50th Bday Party8

Melanie's 50th Bday Party

Melanie's 50th Bday Party1
Melanie's sweet husband, Robert, helped put this party together.

Collages2
Madison, Melanie and her Dad

Melanie's 50th Bday Party2
Kisty (sister-in-law) and Kevin (Mel's brother) also helped put this party together at their new house in Little Elm.

Melanie's 50th Bday Party3
Melanie's best friend from high school, Karri, also helped put this party together.

Melanie's 50th Bday Party5
Melanie's oldest son, Chandler

Melanie's 50th Bday Party6
Kinsey was so groggy when I woke her up to go inside for the party but luckily, she let go of me and played with the other kids.

Melanie's 50th Bday Party7
Ellie and Madison are Melanie's two youngest girls on the right side of the picture.

Melanie's 50th Bday Party9
It's been 6 or 7 years since I've seen Ashley who is Melanie's neighbor that is now 16 years old and she's beautiful!!!  She was a very cute girl when I knew her too.  Ashley was great with the kids and was always willing to baby-sit the kids and help Melanie when she needed it. 

Melanie's 50th Bday Party10
Robert's funny gift to Melanie...a broomstick signed by all of the guests.

Melanie's 50th Bday Party11
Kinsey is always ready to fight!

Melanie's 50th Bday Party12
I wish I had got a picture of all the kids earlier because a few had already left but Alex (Melanie's 2nd oldest son) is to the right of Beck with curly hair and Alex (Melanie's youngest son) is wearing the pink shirt.  Both boys are big into soccer! 

By the way, this was not a surprise birthday party but I was the surprise guest.  Melanie claims she knew I would come to the party because I helped with her 40th birthday party.  She also told me that she checked my facebook page the day before and luckily I had not posted anything on there about being in Dallas or she would have known for sure that I would be there.  It was so much fun seeing my old friends and being able to catch up!  Thanks for inviting me!

No comments:

Post a Comment