Thursday, March 28, 2013

Brunch with the Bunny (part two)

It takes five tickets per person to ride the ferris wheel and these guys would not let me ride this one with the kids so I had to purchase five tickets because they really wanted to ride it.  This will be the only ride that they can only do once today.  Beck loved it and Kinsey was scared at first but she ended up liking it.  I love her facial expressions!
Brunch with Easter Bunny10

Brunch with Easter Bunny11

Brunch with Easter Bunny12
Great view from the top of the ferris wheel.

It was time to take a much needed break.  Beck and Kinsey were hot and Kinsey's legs were so dirty from crawling onto so many rides.  This is also when I saw a friend (Kim) that was on the drill team with me and we talked for a very long time.  Her daughter and Beck went in the Fun House with the spinning tunnel about a million times.  Ha!  I'm exaggerating but it was a lot.  Kinsey played in the Fun House and never came out.  She loved the punching bags.  Does that surprise you?  Anyway, it was a lot of fun catching up with Kim and the kids loved playing.
Brunch with Easter Bunny13

Aw, the carousel...I never knew I would enjoy this as much as I did today.  I put Kinsey on a horsey (that's what she calls it) and Beck sat down on a bench seat.  I sat down with Beck and it felt so good!  My feet were kind of hurting me from standing up all day.  As we went around and around, I watched Kinsey closely to make sure she didn't do anything crazy.  She was cracking me up by screaming, "Yee Haw!"  She was saying this so loud that parents around us turned around to see what she was doing.  She's a wild one!  Thank you carousel operator for letting me ride for free and for giving my feet a break!
Brunch with Easter Bunny14

Brunch with Easter Bunny16

Brunch with Easter Bunny15

At this point, Kinsey had ripped off her wrist band and our time was almost up anyway so I let Beck go in the other Fun House with the slide over and over and over.  Kinsey and I sat at a table in the shade located right in front of the Fun House.  She was so tired that she didn't ask to go in the Fun House.
Brunch with Easter Bunny17

Brunch with Easter Bunny18
Beck had to hit the Super Slide one last time before leaving and this is when I discovered that Kinsey had a dirty diaper.  I was not prepared to spend the entire day in Longview and only brought one diaper with me which I used this morning during our restroom extravaganza.  So, I changed her and put on an extra underwear that I carry around in case Beck has an accident before leaving the carnival.  I drove across the street to get a small package of diapers and begged her to not pee pee.  Thank goodness she didn't and I was able to put on the new diaper without having a major accident.  Whew!  Beck and Kinsey fell asleep as soon as I hit the road.  They were completely exhausted but loved every minute of it!  This turned out to be a great day!  I wish Brent could have been with us.

2 comments: